Serenade Aft suggestions/thoughts...

FrostyJoe

Joe I had 9260 on Brilliance , sister ship, the balcony is about 10 x 14 , 2 loungers, 2 regular and a small table.

It is a fantastic cabin but I had 9256 on my last cruise (one deck up from 8168) so I am torn.

this is the back, top one is 9256, next down is 8168

9256greatsjpt.jpg

aftwcabins.jpg

balcony on 9260

IMG_1108.jpg

IMG_1109.jpg

IMG_1110.jpg

9256onbrilliance.jpg

Joe I had 9260 on Brilliance , sister ship, the balcony is about 10 x 14 , 2 loungers, 2 regular and a small table.

It is a fantastic cabin but I had 9256 on my last cruise (one deck up from 8168) so I am torn.

this is the back, top one is 9256, next down is 8168

9256greatsjpt.jpg

aftwcabins.jpg

balcony on 9260

IMG_1108.jpg

IMG_1109.jpg

IMG_1110.jpg

9256onbrilliance.jpg

If you had to pick one, what would it be? I am SO torn about the decision between the two (though I'm really thankful these aft balconies opened up recently).

Also, have you (or know anyone else who has) used the crew only stairs in the aft? And if they had any problems doing so? How long did the walk from aft to the midship elevators take?

You are NOT allowed to use the crew stairs, NOT an option.

Sue, I realize that I am not allowed to use it. However, there are a few things I will do that does not interfere with my morality, just like speeding everyday on the roads, and this is one of them as long as I do not get kicked off the ship.

Edited by FrostyJoe

Sue, I realize that I am not allowed to use it. However, there are a few things I will do that does not interfere with my morality, just like speeding everyday on the roads, and this is one of them as long as I do not get kicked off the ship.

The crew member who spots you on those stairs, depending on his place in the hierarchy, will politely inform you that you are not allowed to be there. The higher up they are, the more forcefully the message will be delivered.

Keep your deck 9 cabin...only 2 flights to the pool deck...pretty easy.

It is a loooooong walk back and forth to the cabin, so don't plan on making lots of "back and forth" trips, but you'll love the space! Enjoy!

Can you tell me how long the long walk will take? In minutes?? I don't think deck 8 vs 9 is relevant if I will have to take the midship stairs. It will only add seconds to our trip to the pool deck. I think if the walk is anything over 5 minute TOPS, I will take my chance and just use the crew stairs. After all, (just like speeding a bit) I don't cause any significant harm to anyone.... What I find ironic is RCI decides to show these aft stairs on the deck plan instead of blocking them out. I understand that these stairs are to be used during emergencies (and obviously therefore should be shown on the e-vac plans); however, I do not understand why they show it if we are not supposed to be there....besides maybe to make the cabins towards aft of the ship more attractive for sales

Edited by FrostyJoe

Can you tell me how long the long walk will take? In minutes?? I think if it's anything over 5 minute TOPS, I will take my chance and just use the crew stairs. After all, (just like speeding a bit) I don't cause any significant harm to anyone.... What I find ironic is RCI decides to show these aft stairs on the deck plan instead of blocking them out. I understand that these stairs are to be used during emergencies (and obviously therefore should be shown on the e-vac plans); however, I do not understand why they show it if we are not supposed to be there....besides maybe to make the cabins towards aft of the ship more attractive for sales

they were locked from the hallway on the Brilliance as my ever inquisitive hubby had to try the knob

Keep your deck 9 cabin...only 2 flights to the pool deck...pretty easy.

It is a loooooong walk back and forth to the cabin, so don't plan on making lots of "back and forth" trips, but you'll love the space! Enjoy!

It is SOOOO worth it for the view of the wake!!!

It is like a 3 minute walk and I have lousy knees and hips, actually the afts are AWFUL..... leaves them for me.:rolleyes::p

It is SOOOO worth it for the view of the wake!!!

It is like a 3 minute walk and I have lousy knees and hips, actually the afts are AWFUL..... leaves them for me.:rolleyes::p

Alas, I just cannot wait for our honeymoon and the terrible stateroom we are in........:p We had a hump (no pun intended :eek:) cabin before and I am SOOOOOOOOOOO glad these aft cabins opened up. Though the DFW has never cruised and is :confused: at my excitement about different staterooms.....

Edited by FrostyJoe

Alas, I just cannot wait for our honeymoon and the terrible stateroom we are in........:p We had a hump (no pun intended :eek:) cabin before and I am SOOOOOOOOOOO glad these aft cabins opened up. Though the DFW has never cruised and is :confused: at my excitement about different staterooms.....

You will love the Serenade, I have other pictures in my signature.

You will love the Serenade, I have other pictures in my signature.

Yes, I am happy and a bit :cool: about the great ship we will go on. DFW will be spoiled for her first cruise and maybe expect this for all our future cruises. Maybe I should get an inside room on the Monarch for the one after our honeymoon cruise to her to experience the full spectrum.

I am shocked that they left the aft stairs locked on the Radiance, especially the fact we are supposed to use them for emergency purposes. Even if they unlock electronically as soon as abandon ship alarm goes off, there is chance that mechanical will fail.....I am a former volunteer firefighter/EMT and I know from experience how important seconds may be in an emergency situation....

Edited by FrostyJoe

Yes, I am happy and a bit :cool: about the great ship we will go on. DFW will be spoiled for her first cruise and maybe expect this for all our future cruises. Maybe I should get an inside room on the Monarch for the one after our honeymoon cruise to her to experience the full spectrum.

I am shocked that they left the aft stairs locked on the Radiance, especially the fact we are supposed to use them for emergency purposes. Even if they unlock electronically as soon as abandon ship alarm goes off, there is chance that mechanical will fail.....I am a former volunteer firefighter/EMT and I know from experience how important seconds may be in an emergency situation....

there are other stairs that were for emergencies, not those in the aft. The set is forward in that hallway about 15 rooms up or so in the middle section. Not an issue.

there are other stairs that were for emergencies, not those in the aft. The set is forward in that hallway about 15 rooms up or so in the middle section. Not an issue.

Can you tell me where that is? And whether or not we are allowed to use them on an everyday basis?

Can you tell me where that is? And whether or not we are allowed to use them on an everyday basis?

Up across from 9234, and no they are crew stairs, you are allowed to use those either. Passenger stairs nearest to the aft are those in the atrium, mid ship. If this is an issue you may want to stick with that hump cabin. :D

Up across from 9234, and no they are crew stairs, you are allowed to use those either. Passenger stairs nearest to the aft are those in the atrium, mid ship. If this is an issue you may want to stick with that hump cabin. :D

Oh wow, so are you saying there is another crew only stairs aft of the one behind 9234????? Where is that one???

Most likely, we will be using the midship stairs. However, if the DFW asks me to if I can get something from WJ that she really likes while we are in the cabin, you bet I will be willing to break RCI's rules......

Oh wow, so are you saying there is another crew only stairs aft of the one behind 9234????? Where is that one???

Most likely, we will be using the midship stairs. However, if the DFW asks me to if I can get something from WJ that she really likes while we are in the cabin, you bet I will be willing to break RCI's rules......

Every time you use "DFW", I figured out that you mean "Dear Future Wife", but I keep seeing "Dallas Fort Worth". LOL.

But DFW is going to wonder where her DHAL (dear husband at last) IS, when he never returns from that trip from WJ to cabin, because he was thrown in the brig! :eek:

Every time you use "DFW", I figured out that you mean "Dear Future Wife", but I keep seeing "Dallas Fort Worth". LOL.

But DFW is going to wonder where her DHAL (dear husband at last) IS, when he never returns from that trip from WJ to cabin, because he was thrown in the brig! :eek:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :( :( :(!!!!!!! I wanted wanted to get a few savory bites from the WJ for the DFW :((((((((((((

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :( :( :(!!!!!!! I wanted wanted to get a few savory bites from the WJ for the DFW :((((((((((((

OH. Then I have really important information for you that has nothing to do with your original question.

There are no savory bites in the Windjammer. They are only served at dinner, in the dining room.

No extra charge for that tip.

:D

So are there two sets of aft stairs? One shown on the deck plans and another secret one???

Back to my original question: So the general consensus is that I should stay with mid aft (9260) instead of corner aft (8168)?