Which Reef Tour??

OverTheTop

Hi all it's been a while but I am beginning to get into cruise mode for cruise number two. We are heading to Qld.

My question ......we can go to the reef from the Whitsundays (knuckle reef lagoon) or Port Douglas (Agincourt Reef Pontoon)? Which one is better? Or which port is better to stay at and therefore do the tour at the other one? Hope that makes sense...I think I confused myself!

Thanks

Angela

Hi all it's been a while but I am beginning to get into cruise mode for cruise number two. We are heading to Qld.

My question ......we can go to the reef from the Whitsundays (knuckle reef lagoon) or Port Douglas (Agincourt Reef Pontoon)? Which one is better? Or which port is better to stay at and therefore do the tour at the other one? Hope that makes sense...I think I confused myself!

Thanks

Angela

I'd suggest doing the reef cruise from The Whitsunday's as there's much more to see in Port Douglas.

We did knuckle reef tour from the whitsundays - it was fantastic. We were given morning tea on the way out the the reef, full buffet lunch at the reef and the pontoon was great - we were provided with stinger suits to wear - very interesting and funny to get into :D!! The pontoon has the semi-submersible, underwater viewing platform a waterslide for the kids and a great roped off area for those who were unsure about snorkelling - ME!! The funny thing was that I told hubby not to leave me behind as it was my first time snorkeling and then I say a pretty fish and I was off - I left him behind!!!

It is a great tour and in my opinion well worth the money! I even have a stuffed toy turtle to remember my very first snorkel ever by!

Rach

Thanks Sky and Rach. We are leaning towards the Whitsunday one as it is cheaper and has the suits included. What are the stinger suits made of? Do they have all sizes or is it one size fits all? What month did you go? We go in Spetember/October at the beginning of stinger season, will we need the suits? Did you see lots of cool things in the water Rach? What did you do at the other ports Rach/Sky. Will have to sort another countdown but we are doing J030 Brisbane, Cairns, Whitsundays, Willis Island, Port Douglas (not in that order!).

Thanks

Angela

Archived