My time dining

Leanne3c

We are trying My time dining for the first time this year.. In the past I have always shared a dinner table with other couples. Will this still be an option for us, or will we be sharing a table for two all week. If we can share do we need to let the waiter no in advance... Like on the first day??

We are trying My time dining for the first time this year.. In the past I have always shared a dinner table with other couples. Will this still be an option for us, or will we be sharing a table for two all week. If we can share do we need to let the waiter no in advance... Like on the first day??

They were seating us at a table for two until we told them we wanted to sit with other guests. From that point forward we were placed at larger tables. Sometimes each couple at a table would be a various points in their dinner.

They were seating us at a table for two until we told them we wanted to sit with other guests. From that point forward we were placed at larger tables. Sometimes each couple at a table would be a various points in their dinner.

That sounds a bit awkward, Doug--was it?

Rachel

That sounds a bit awkward, Doug--was it?

Rachel

It was a bit different but not overly awkward. One night we were seated with a couple who had just had their main entree's delivered. They didn't adjust the service for us to catch up with them, which was fine by me. There was one or two other times where we were seated at tables right after the others had ordered their appitizers. In those cases they did work to get everyone on the same service pace. It wasn't bad because we weren't that far behind the others.

The first time we did MTD was on Voyager. They really didn't attempt to seat couples at a table for two unless you asked. Seating on that cruise was more like lunch seating in the MDR where they get the table mostly full before they start taking orders. I really prefered that way of seating MTD but, it didn't make the big of a difference. The way they seated us on Oasis made the meal feel considerably more casual than when we were on Voyager.

If you book MyTime dining online before the cruise you can check a box for whether you want to dine alone or share a table with others.

We requested MTD for our cruise on Allure. We were not asked about table size when we booked. It would be a good idea IMHO.

Archived