Just off the Pearl yesterday

scchasgal

scshasgal,

Welcome back (I guess). At least you made it to MIA despite our weather leading up to your departure.

I'm waiting to hear all the intel from your cruise. Fill us in ASAP.

Thanks.

It was freezing as we disembarked in Miami yesterday not the weather you would expect. Got home to find it has snowed three inches. I have not seen snow since I moved to Charleston so I had to take pics LOL.

I am working on the review now and should have it posted by Tuesday.

Wow, how did you manage that? I hope it was a great cruise for you.

The HD on the Pearl was on our Majesty cruise and we befriended him back then and again this past week.

We had a great time and will definitely sail the Pearl again. If only it wasn't a 9 hour drive :mad:

I am guessing she got it for setting up the meet and greet for their rollcall.

Just my guess.

But she will let us know soon enough...

Actually I don't know if it came from the HD or the meet and greet. Do they give you VIP for doing the meet and greet? I had never done one before this cruise.

If I may express my guess, it could be one of those "random acts of kindness" that is typical of some of the HD's.

I believe she stated that she had befriended Mathias on a previous cruise aboard the Majesty. As Mathias was the acting HD aboard the Pearl it is within his rights to put whomever he wishes on the VIP list. We get similar treatments from other HD's aboard other ships, including the Pearl.

PE

Actually I don't know if it came from the HD or the meet and greet. Do they give you VIP for doing the meet and greet? I had never done one before this cruise.

Some HDs do extend VIP service to M&G organizers, and some don't. It could be (as you said earlier) from your having 'befriended' him previously. Either way--good for you!!!

I'm sure I'm not the only one waiting to hear about your 2/6-13 cruise on the Pearl.

It's certainly understandable that you have plenty of other things to do, but can't you throw us a few crumbs?

Thanks.

Ok Darthdaddy here is some but by no means everything. I see you are heading out on the Pearl very soon so anything I don't bullet point you want to know about just let me know.

• Got to POM at 10:30 am and was in group 1 to board was smooth as silk with security and check in, took longer to weave through the ropes than to check in
  • Started to board at about 11:20
  • great first impression of the ship, so much room
  • Spa pass for the week was 99.00 per person limited to 60 so if you want one head to the spa first
  • Ate at Cagney's, Teppanyaki, and La Cucina all great
  • New menu at Le Bistro and the main dining room have changed. MDR has a fixed menu on the right side and daily changing menu on the left
  • We were in an AF cabin and had plenty of room for the two of us. The storage space is the most I have ever had. The balcony is very large and we could have gotten a couple of loungers out there
  • Food in the buffet was good we ate all breakfasts and most lunches there
  • Superbowl on the ship was great. All TV's in the lounges and the two story one in the atrium were all tuned into the game.
  • Samana I will never step foot on again unless I am on an organized NCL excursion, I never felt safe there and I am not a weak person
  • Loved the other three ports of call and yes we got to go to Great Stirrup Cay. It didn't look promising the night before with our rough seas but it calmed down the closer we got to the island.
  • Tortola we did the Jost Van Dyke excursion and loved it especially the pain killer drinks ;)
  • St Thomas we went to Magen's Bay it was very crowded though so I wouldn't do this beach next time, but beautiful nonetheless

Thanks for taking the time to pass on some current info, based on reality, rather than speculation.

You mention the $99/pp spa pass. Is there a couple's rate?

How much is the surcharge for Le Bistro?

Was the Ticket to Dine plan available?

How was the tendering process?

How many people did you have for your meet & greet?

Where / when was your M&G held?

To steal a line from Oliver Twist, "may I have some more, please?"

Thanks for taking the time to pass on some current info, based on reality, rather than speculation.

You mention the $99/pp spa pass. Is there a couple's rate?

How much is the surcharge for Le Bistro?

Was the Ticket to Dine plan available?

How was the tendering process?

How many people did you have for your meet & greet?

Where / when was your M&G held?

To steal a line from Oliver Twist, "may I have some more, please?"

My brother and sister in law got the spa pass and there was not a couples rate.

Le Bistro was 20.00 per person (new menu)

Ticket to Dine was discontinued the week we started our cruise.

Our meet and greet we had 51 signed up and only about 6 didn't show

Meet and Greet was held in the Indigo Main Dining Room.

I'm disappointed to learn that there is no couples rate for the spa. On the Dawn we paid $150 for the two of us, which made a good value even better.

I suspect Ticket to Dine will return, since all reports seem to be so positive. Unfortunately, it may not return soon enough for those of us on the 3/6 cruise.

45 attendees for your M&G sounds very good. Right now we have about the same number who have expressed interest in M&G for our cruise. I hope we do as well in terms of actual attendees. Did you have any ship's officers present? If so, which ones.

Thanks for the additional appetizers. I suspect others await the main course of your full review (not that there's any pressure on you!).

Thanks,

Darth

2 questions since I've never sailed on the Pearl:

1) What is the ticket to dine, although probably won't reinstate before our 4/10 either but you have my curiousity up.

2) Can you order from the MDR menu through room service? Have done this on other cruises and it makes for a nice evening on the balcony. We just have regular BB, so no concierge or butler service but did not need it on RCCL.

Thanks!

I'm disappointed to learn that there is no couples rate for the spa. On the Dawn we paid $150 for the two of us, which made a good value even better.

I suspect Ticket to Dine will return, since all reports seem to be so positive. Unfortunately, it may not return soon enough for those of us on the 3/6 cruise.

45 attendees for your M&G sounds very good. Right now we have about the same number who have expressed interest in M&G for our cruise. I hope we do as well in terms of actual attendees. Did you have any ship's officers present? If so, which ones.

Thanks for the additional appetizers. I suspect others await the main course of your full review (not that there's any pressure on you!).

Thanks,

Darth

No pressure LOL

The Hotel Director and assistant HD showed up for our M&G

2 questions since I've never sailed on the Pearl:

1) What is the ticket to dine, although probably won't reinstate before our 4/10 either but you have my curiousity up.

2) Can you order from the MDR menu through room service? Have done this on other cruises and it makes for a nice evening on the balcony. We just have regular BB, so no concierge or butler service but did not need it on RCCL.

Thanks!

Ticket to Dine program was in test mode on the Pearl but stopped the cruise before ours. It is a specialty restaurant discount purchase where you buy 3, 4 or 5 etc specialty restaurants and pay less than doing them one at a time. Teppanyaki was not included.

On NCL you can't order any MDR items to be deliverered for room service in the BB. You have very limited items on the room service menu.

Archived