MSC Poesia Aurea Spa questions

vijoge

My granddaughter has her heart set on getting a facial while on the Poesia. She has seen movies, pictures in magazines, etc., of women getting the green facial mask with the cucumber slices on their eyes and to her 10 y/o mind this appears to be the ultimate in relaxation and luxury. I don't have a problem springing for the cost of a facial but I'm not sure I've ever seen children in a ship's spa.

Questions: Kids allowed?

Green facial stuff with cucumber:rolleyes: eyes available?

Or do I need to pick up a facial mask at CVS and plan on pampering her myself?

Thanks

My vote would be for the cvs, but then again I'm cheap. The prices for the for the spa seems expensive. I am hoping that they will offer specials once the boat sails. If they follow other cruise lines, they will. Especially on port days. Good luck on your research and maybe I will see you in the spa.

I've had 2 facials in Aurea Spa but no green stuff and no cucumber slices. Creams and masks are all white and they use cotton wool pads soaked in something. Don't know if they would take a kid as young as 10, but it will be pretty expensive especially as it is not going to be what she is expecting. last one I had was 89 euros (arouns $100) for 45 minutes. (or could have been an hour).

pamper her yourself! The green mask you usually see is a clay mask wich is used moreso on oily skin. I doubt a 10yo would need a clay mask, it would probably dry her skin out.

I work in a spa and we never use cucumbers. Its just one of those things that you see that looks cool, but really does not do much. It pretty much has a cooling effect from being refrigerated. Sorry to burst her bubble, but the mask is not good for a 10 yo's skin, and the cucumbers have no benefit.

I had a facial on poesia in Jan and though it was nice, it was not worth the money. Save your money and have a spa day together at your local spa.

Archived