Do all kids clubs focus on afternoon/night activities for 2-5 yrs?

sprockie

We just got off the Carnival Liberty. First time with Carnival, first time with our kids 3 and 8. They both enjoyed the kids club very much and went for an hour here or there, depending on the activitiy throughout the cruise. I found the activities very sparse before noon, then picked up in the afternoon and evening. I was disappointed in this, particularly for the 2-5 yr olds. My boy went to the club in the Am, because by 3 or 4 when the activities got interesting, he was tired and ready for a lay down. There's no way I could have sent him to anything after dinner, he was exhaused (so were his parents actually). Do all cruise lines operate on this type of schedule for their kids club?

Yes, I am going to say that generally, the kids club save the most popular activities for the late afternoons and evenings. It's because that's when they are at their busiest.

I've always notice that things start to get "rocking" at about 8pm which is my kids bedtime. ;) So I've had to push their bedtime when we are cruising. Which was tough when they were 3 and 4. Its become a little easier now that they are 5 and 10.

But yes, I know how tough it is on the little ones.

Yes, I am going to say that generally, the kids club save the most popular activities for the late afternoons and evenings. It's because that's when they are at their busiest.

I've always notice that things start to get "rocking" at about 8pm which is my kids bedtime. ;) So I've had to push their bedtime when we are cruising. Which was tough when they were 3 and 4. Its become a little easier now that they are 5 and 10.

But yes, I know how tough it is on the little ones.

I agree, because our 3.5 year old would have loved more to do in the morning (when he's in good humour) as opposed to late afternoon when he's fit to be tied - especially after several busy days at sea. Even my 8 year old was too whipped to want to go to "Camp Rock" as they called it in the evening. By 9 at the latest they were snoozing. However, you are right, it is scheduled by demand, not by me! As they get older, it will fit their schedule better as you say.

Archived