Olympics on the Freedom?

Krissta

NBC as you probably know is broadcasting the Olympics in the USA. Carnival ships carry the major network feeds from the Denver affiliates. None of the special coverage channels will be available afaik, just what is carried by the Denver local.

Wouldn't you be able to catch it in the "sports bar"?

My oldest son (23) was excited to see they have a sports bar and is hoping to catch some sports on our cruise

The sports bar has big screen tv's and a fun atmosphere but no special programming. Anything available in the sports bar is also available in cabin.

Wouldn't you be able to catch it in the "sports bar"?

My oldest son (23) was excited to see they have a sports bar and is hoping to catch some sports on our cruise

Sports bar is really misleading in my opinion. Sports THEMED bar? Sure.

They will mostly be playing soccer on ESPN International. The ship does not get ESPN U.S. They really should have it too. I know Royal Caribbean carries it.

So, unless there is an even on the major carriers(NBC, ABC, CBS) it will mostly just be internation soccer.

The sports bar has big screen tv's and a fun atmosphere but no special programming. Anything available in the sports bar is also available in cabin.

They will mostly be playing soccer on ESPN International. The ship does not get ESPN U.S. They really should have it too. I know Royal Caribbean carries it.

So, unless there is an even on the major carriers(NBC, ABC, CBS) it will mostly just be internation soccer.

Bummer

Supposedly hockey will be played on a major carrier on Saturday and Sunday during our cruise, so we'll be keeping our fingers crossed! :)

The Denver affiliate has the Hockey final scheduled for Sunday 27th from 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm Mountain time. You will need to reconcile the difference between mountain time and you particular ship time.

http://www.nbcolympics.com/tv-listings/zone=MT/day=17/index.html

Yup. Looks like 10:00 pm EST on Saturday on MSNBC for Bronze finals and 4:00 pm EST on Sunday on NBC for Gold finals.

Archived