Boarding time for Emerald in FLL

phantomII

If the turn around goes smoothly, they will open the doors at noon. One time they opened the door at 11:45 and we were in the dining room by noon.

Actually I was wondering what time they let you start checking in at the terminal. Like when can you drop off your luggage and process in?

Actually I was wondering what time they let you start checking in at the terminal. Like when can you drop off your luggage and process in?

You turn your luggage (except carry-ons) over to the baggage handlers immediately when you arrive... they will take them directly from the bus, cab or shuttle and you will next see them in your cabin later that afternoon. Thus, you will have to attach your luggage tags before you arrive. If you are driving yourself, park in the parking garage and then bring your luggage to the handlers.... you can't miss them.

Like WBG said, the doors will typically open at noon and then you enter the terminal to start checking in. A line will form outside the terminal waiting for the doors to open.

The porters are there to accept luggage at 9am.

People actually start lining up at the door as early as 9 which causes a traffic jam as departing folks are also there although not in the exact same spot. There is one main door into the terminal. (There is a separate entrance for Elite passengers). They open the door at noon just as I posted. You cannot go into the terminal until they open the door. You check in at the desks, and then are usually held in a waiting area until you are allowed onto the ship in groups according to when you arrive in the holding area. This is to prevent a huge backup at the security/photo area at the ship door.

In Dec, they let us into the terminal at 11:30, but held us until 12:15 before letting us procede to the desks. Then they held us until 12:45 in the waiting room. We barely made it to the dining room before it closed at 1:00.

The porters are there to accept luggage at 9am.

People actually start lining up at the door as early as 9 which causes a traffic jam as departing folks are also there although not in the exact same spot. There is one door into the terminal. They open the door at noon just as I posted. You cannot go into the terminal until they open the door. You check in at the desks, and then are usually held in a waiting area until you are allowed onto the ship is groups according to when you arrive in the holding area. One time, they let us in the terminal at noon, but held us until 12:30 before letting us procede to the desks. Then they held us until 1:00 in the waiting room. Each sailing is slightly differrent.

That answers my question exactly. Thank you.

Archived