Solstice Questions

texas2fl

Just a few questions that I need help with (departing Sunday, March 28th):

1. What will the formal nights be?

2. What would the best night be for specialty restaurant?

3. What are kids programs like at night?

4. Are any of the soda or H20 packages worth it? Does the h20 package include getting h20 to take off shore?

Many thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

The formal nights are day two and day six on a 7 nt cruise. I would suggest a specialty dining experience for a casual dinner night because the food in the main dining room isn't anything special like it is on the formal nights. I have bought the soda pop package but have no experience on the water or alchohol packages. Celebrity doesn't have a lot of children on board but I understand they do have events planned both day and evening. Hope this helps.

JoAnne

I am sailing on Sept 22 Celebrity equinox, I want to shaRE TOURS WITH OTHER COUPLES. (Max 2 people, much less than cruise ship)

I have booked several already.

Booked day from Alexandria to Cairo

Booked Athens trip to Delphi

Booked Corfu guide and driver

Booked overnight in Israel, jewish sites.

All responses welcome

Ken

I am sailing on Sept 22 Celebrity equinox, I want to shaRE TOURS WITH OTHER COUPLES. (Max 2 people, much less than cruise ship)

I have booked several already.

Booked day from Alexandria to Cairo

Booked Athens trip to Delphi

Booked Corfu guide and driver

Booked overnight in Israel, jewish sites.

All responses welcome

Ken

Head to the ROll Call board for your cruise. You link up there, not on the general board.

Just a few questions that I need help with (departing Sunday, March 28th):

1. What will the formal nights be?

2. What would the best night be for specialty restaurant?

3. What are kids programs like at night?

4. Are any of the soda or H20 packages worth it? Does the h20 package include getting h20 to take off shore?

Many thanks!

The specialty restaurants are easy to book on the first night. That's our favorite. Last is great too. We don't mind skipping the formal dinners in the MDR. They aren't like the "old days" with full lobster tails, fancier soups and salads. I didn't find them any more special than other nights on our reent Solstice cruise in Feb. Other than people being dressed up.

How was the MDR experience on Solstice? We are booked for a cruise this May. After initially looking at AQ we went with CC instead, mainly because we probably won't use the spa perks much & wanted to be in the MDR for a more "traditional" experience since it's my wife's first cruise. So other than food (I've read 1000 reviews about it already) how were things handled in the MDR? Was it fun?

I bought the water package and to me it was worth it. It was a fixed number of water bottles brought to the room a couple of hours after I purchased it and I took one of the bottles into port with me..well worth it for me.

You said you received a fixed number of water bottles in your room? I just reserved the package for our upcoming trip and it said that I can get water in any bar and restaurant. It didn't say anything about a fixed number. How many bottles did they give you?

Archived