Poipu Beach, Kauai

sailincajunns

Hi, folks,

We will be on POA April 3, 2010. Can someone who has done this cruise give me an indication of the distance/drive time from the port/dock to Poipu Beach? Is there taxi service available from the dock to this beach? Ball-park cab fare? We have an excursion in the AM, but we will be free from about 1 PM to about 5 PM, and wonder if we'd have time for a quick run to that beach? Thanks for your help.

Aloha

Bon Voyage

Geaux Saints.

We haven't done the cruise but go to Kauai every year. It's about 20-30 minutes from the dock to Poipu. Have never taken a taxi but according to my guidebook, ABC Taxi serves the east shore. The number is 639-4310. (Hope this is current.)

Thank you very much for your helpful information !! We look forward to getting a 'taste' for many slices of paradise with the cruise-based visit.

Bon Voyage

Aloha

Geaux Saints

We haven't done the cruise but go to Kauai every year. It's about 20-30 minutes from the dock to Poipu. Have never taken a taxi but according to my guidebook, ABC Taxi serves the east shore. The number is 639-4310. (Hope this is current.)

Thanks again for the help. We are going to do a beach on Maui, since we'll have a car there, as well as some 'free time'.

Bon Voyage

Aloha

Geaux Saints

There is a Marriott resort that is about a 10 minute walk from the pier. There is a car rental agency ( I want to say it is Hertz, but can't remember for sure) located on the premises. I'm sure you can find out rates on line for a 1/2 day rental. As someone said earlier it's an easy half hour drive to Poipu.:)

Archived