Belize Zoo - who goes there?

mclaire57

Not interested in caves, zips or beaches. Would like to go to the zoo, but it's about an hour from port. Any suggestions for a provider who goes there, but doesn't charge an arm/leg? Could we hire a tour guide/driver who would wait for us for 1-1.5 hrs while we check it out? Thanks for any ideas.

We went there! We just got back from our cruise yesterday. It was such a great place to visit, I'm so glad that we went! If you want to go there, I highly recommend Vitalino at http://cavetubing.bz/en . We were lucky enough to have him as our guide and he was so knowledgeable about the zoo it was like he worked there. He personally took us all around the zoo and knew all of the animals' names and they came when he called them. He knew all of the facts about them all as well. We got to bottle feed a 9 month old Tapir (awww!) and held a boa constrictor. The zoo is privately run and takes in orphaned and injured animals indigenous to the country. His tour was very reasonably priced as well. He will take good care of you!

Hope that helps!

We went there! We just got back from our cruise yesterday. It was such a great place to visit, I'm so glad that we went! If you want to go there, I highly recommend Vitalino at http://cavetubing.bz/en . We were lucky enough to have him as our guide and he was so knowledgeable about the zoo it was like he worked there. He personally took us all around the zoo and knew all of the animals' names and they came when he called them. He knew all of the facts about them all as well. We got to bottle feed a 9 month old Tapir (awww!) and held a boa constrictor. The zoo is privately run and takes in orphaned and injured animals indigenous to the country. His tour was very reasonably priced as well. He will take good care of you!

Hope that helps!

Hi Kslack. Can you tell me the price of this tour? I have been on the website listed above and can not find pricing. Thanks!

Here is what I got back

"Hi Yvette,

I asked Vitalino about doing just the Belize Zoo for the 3 of you, and he will provide that for $45 US for the adults, without lunch, would include transportation from the terminal, entrance fees, tour guide fees, soft drinks, water and rum punch. I'll have to check again to see what the charge would be for the 3 year old.

A lot of the cost of this tour would be transportation (gas, the guide,etc), and if you'd like, you could add something else, maybe Altun Ha. I'll check on that cost if you you like."

We're probably going to do this since we'll have our 3 1/2 year old with us.

A sincere thank you for asking this question. I hadn't even thought about the zoo until now. First time I went to Belize, I did the snorkling and city tour, this trip it's the cave-tubing, now I have a plan for next time (I've done ziplining in 4-5 other places).

CC is great!

Archived