Miami Public Transportation System???

pokeypoke

Hi,

We will be staying 2 full days prior to our cruise in December and will most likely stay in the Coral Gables area. One of the 2 days, we would like to spend an afternoon/have lunch at South Beach and would like to take the city bus to get there. How easy/difficult is it taking the bus? What routes would you take and where exactly would someone get off the bus in South Beach? I know nothing about the Miami transit system, routes or streets but I am adventureous. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Hi,

We will be staying 2 full days prior to our cruise in December and will most likely stay in the Coral Gables area. One of the 2 days, we would like to spend an afternoon/have lunch at South Beach and would like to take the city bus to get there. How easy/difficult is it taking the bus? What routes would you take and where exactly would someone get off the bus in South Beach? I know nothing about the Miami transit system, routes or streets but I am adventureous. Can anyone help?

Thanks

I don't have extensive experience with Miami Transit, but, have used the system quite successfully while visiting there. I have always started with this website:

http://www.co.miami-dade.fl.us/transit/metrobus.asp

I have always been lucky to get great information and help from drivers and staff at Metro stations also.

You will notice that there are several ways to get from Coral Gables to South Beach. As a starting point in South Beach, Ocean Drive between 6th and 14th may be a good place to start, or, Lincoln Road between Washington and Alton. Since you say that you are adventureous, I think that you will enjoy getting around Miami on the bus as I always have.

I hope that other CruiseCritic members can add more information for you.

Archived