Difference SeaTrek & snuba

FAD

This is simple. SEATREK you will wear a heavy helmut that is constantly pumped with air and you walk on the floor of the ocean. SNUBA is part snorkel and SCUBA diving. With SNUBA you are swimming, and using a regulator to breathe under water. You will be swimming with lets say 4 or 5 other people all breathing from an air hose that is connected to a regulator. Each person has their own air hose and regulator. You are limited by the length of the air hose and the group of people youare with. Where the group goes so do you. With SEATREK you are walking on the sea floor along a set path, and you will see certain things that are along your path. Cool thing is your hair won't get wet.

I never done either. I am a SCUBA diver. I have seen SNUBA before, and I have relatives that have done the SEATREK thing. THey loved it. Hope this helps. Any questions ask. I check this pretty regularly.

Seatrek is walking on the bottom with a helmut.

Snuba is like scuba, but the tank is in a raft on the surface, not on your back.

Much more freedom of movement with snuba.

Walking on the bottom, even a sand bottom, isn't a great idea. It will stir up the sand and reduce visibility. Also, there are small animals living in the sand. Walking on them isn't friendly.

Archived