Question About The Granduer??

Heidict

We are looking to go on the Granduer next January but are trying to decide on a cabin.

Has anyone stayed on 2 in an outside cabin (with just a window). How are they? Is there a possibility of having an onstructed view? Where are the lifeboats?

Also, I have read things in the past about a sewer odor. What is this about? Is it still a problem? Where do you smell it most and is it a problem in regards to the cabins we are looking into?

Thanks!! Heidi

Lifeboats are on deck 5 so no obstructed view from them. I stayed in cabin 2106 and it was great. Only complaint is that with the beds together I couldn't put my suitcase under the bed. Bathroom and shower are small but have a lot of storage. There is a link to my pics in my signature. I didn't smell anything but other people have.

Dawn

We stayed in the very front cabin and it was just fine! The only time we noticed any kind of sewage smell was at port (I think when they were dumping the sewage! :)) The one benefit of being on 2 is it is very quiet!

The lower you are on the ship, the less rocking their is, so I think deck two is perfect if you're a little queasy. We stayed on Deck two with the window on the Granduer but it was about three years ago. I loved the Granduer and I thought the room was great. Have a good time on your cruise.

Granduer 2 times and Enchantment 1 time, all cruises were deck 3 with just the window, towards the center of the ship. Deck 2 and 3 are about the same, we had a great time and it was great to see out the window. We are trying a balcony for our next trip to see how that is.

Have fun, it is a great ship.

The sewer smell problem was supposed to be fixed (broken pipe) during the brief drydock last November. Might suggest that if Deck 4 is just a few dollars more, consider it over 2 or 3. The reason is that it's nice to walk out of your door and just be a short hallway away from the "action" of the Centrum - often live music, the Champagne lounge, etc. Very nice and noise was never a problem. Also, you're on the same deck as dining.

Nothing wrong with 2 or 3 (I'm booked on 3 next cruise), but be warned that when you look out your door, its into a LONG hallway. That bothers some people a bit. Either way, you'll love the Grandeur!

Thanks for you help guys. Dawn great pictures. I think we will try for 4, and if not 2 should be good. I can't wait!!! It's like 5 degrees here and looking at those pictures was just pure torture!:p

The sewer smell was apparently not fixed in dry dock. We sailed on Dec. 18th. We had 6 cabins midship on deck 2. My parents cabin had the smell just briefly on the first day. After that everyone in our group would occastionally catch a wiff while walking down the hall. It seemed to be drifting up from below us. I say this because when exiting the ship on a couple of port days you could smell it really bad down on deck 1. It was nothing to ruin our trip by any means.

And I agree with pscruiser on deck 4. We stayed on deck 4 on a previous Grandeur cruise it was sooooo convient. It really cuts back on waiting for elevators. With the exception of the pool deck and Windjammer you're just 1-2 flights down from everything.

Archived