Carnival Secrets & Tips they don't usually tell you about

imagine8

OMG......I did not intend to cause such controversy. I thought I was creating an EASIER way to view information. I am about done with this site. I also thought the point of posting a thread was to get answers to questions. If I wanted to search I would use google.

I will be MORE than happy to take down this thread of one YOU people who know everything could kindly tell me how to do that.

OMG......I did not intend to cause such controversy. I thought I was creating an EASIER way to view information. I am about done with this site. I also thought the point of posting a thread was to get answers to questions. If I wanted to search I would use google.

I will be MORE than happy to take down this thread of one YOU people who know everything could kindly tell me how to do that.

Dont' let the negatives crush you. I have a feeling that this thread will take off and do very well.

New here.

I would like to say thank you to everyone. This is a very informative and lively place to read.

I went through the other thread a few days ago. Tons of good stuff there. First page is loaded. Last few pages are worth reading. There is a summery somewhere in the middle. Page 56 if I remember corectly. That is my tip.

and yes duplicate threads should be locked

Don't worry about the Kranks that think their opinion or their statements are the only ones that count....you started a thread that should be well received...I know I have a hard time with the famous search that all the Kranks are so very quick to point out and I have been on here for a little while...so coming up with this again is great......

and to keep it on subject....remember you can order more than one entree..it took 2 cruises before my dear hubby knew this:D and try what you like while dining...

This is my first Carnival cruise...I will be watching this thread until we sail...thanks for starting it.....

And I agree....don't take anything that is written personally....there are mean, nasty people on here and there are wonderful, helpful people on here...just like in life...just ignore the mean folks...I believe in Karma...what goes around....

AND Welcome.....I've been doing this for a while but still don't know all the ins and outs.....and I don't really need to ...this is not my forte....and I know that one of the amazing folks I have met on here will help out if I need them....

Have a great cruise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my aren't some people touchy! I think this post is just fine. To each his own.

I agree about not booking thru the ship. I do book in advance tho. Few places require a deposit. I have never lost any money.

A little advise to the gamblers: the bigger payouts seem to be in the beginning of the cruise.

The drink of the day usually has more alcohol than your average drink.

On the lido deck at the end of the forward hall of cabins is a door that leads out to a small area of the ship that a lot of people never see. We've even been known to have a small party or two out there when leaving port! Just a fun little spot.

And newbies might not know that you can go to the guest relations desk and get a free deck of cards, sometimes free pens, etc. All you have to do is ask. Just little freebies if you are interested.

Ok for the newbies a couple pieces of advice.

One if you are not happy with your table assignment at dinner due to bad waitstaff or tablemates, you can go to the Matre D and request a change, they do try to accomedate you.

Second do go to the ports of call boards and check out people opinions on best excursions in the places you visit. I base my choices on what my fellow cruisers tell me, and most of the time the private excursions are better times, but make sure there are a lot of people in agreement to ensure a great time, and ALWAYS set your watch to ship time and watch it carefully, you don't want to be left behind (or maybe you do?)

Third go to the roll call boards and get to know your fellow CC'ers going on the cruise, we have made wonderful friends by doing this, it's awesome usually.

Fourth the refrigerators in the room do NOT keep things cold, just kinda lukewarm. I always bring a collapsable cooler in my suitcase, it' collapses down so it takes up nearly no space, I hand my room steward 20.00 and ask they keep it iced, so I can have my ice cold water (which I am usually drinking at home or at sea)

Fifth do not be fooled into thinking when you board that those lovely drinks they are handing you are free, they are not. That said they are wonderful and I always try to drink a few every day for mental health ;)

Cheers and have an awesome time!!!

Carole

Oh my aren't some people touchy! I think this post is just fine. To each his own.

I agree about not booking thru the ship. I do book in advance tho. Few places require a deposit. I have never lost any money.

A little advise to the gamblers: the bigger payouts seem to be in the beginning of the cruise.

The drink of the day usually has more alcohol than your average drink.

On the lido deck at the end of the forward hall of cabins is a door that leads out to a small area of the ship that a lot of people never see. We've even been known to have a small party or two out there when leaving port! Just a fun little spot.

And newbies might not know that you can go to the guest relations desk and get a free deck of cards, sometimes free pens, etc. All you have to do is ask. Just little freebies if you are interested.[/quote]

And see this thread is already valuable to a not so newbie too..because I did not know this;) Thanks for this info...

I have a tip: Don't count on the search function helping very much. Most of the time it does not even work. Best way to find out something is to ask. You will always get plenty of "opinions". Some of them may even be correct.:p

Search works great, just have to be familar with it and know how to use keywords.

With that said, most dont use it, which is fine. Most of us dont mind answering the same thing multiple times a day.

One of the best tips I have found it THIS SITE!! I live on here when we are getting ready for a cruise.

*We have booked both through the cruise line and on our own. I didnt start doing it on my own until the 3rd cruise (just my comfort level) But now I am fine, as long as there are good reviews on this board. If I dont find the company on here, I dont use them.

However this upcoming cruise, we did both on our own (San Juan---Hector to the rainforest) and through the cruise (St Thomas---Castaway sail & snorkel) It was actually cheaper and had what we wanted this time.

*Dont over pack, expecially if you are flying, it's ok to wear the same thing on both formal nights.

*I really like the over the door storage organizer idea. You can use it on the bathroom door for that stuff, or on the closet door for cameras, ipods, "things" that end up cluttering up the desk/counter.

*We take one of the pop up folding clothes hampers.

*I also pack the clothes in those vacuum storage bags. *When it's time to come home, just put the dirty clothes in them and the room steward is generally around with their vaccum cleaner and you can compact the bag.

*Relax!! It's not the end of the world if everything is not "exactly" perfect. Most of it is small stuff and you won't remember that stuff late.

*Take your health insurance info card. Things happen. The last time we were in St. Thomas, I spend the entire day in the ER:(. (I started getting sick the day before the cruise). That wasnt my idea of fun.

*Bring extra swim suits, especially for the kids. Our 10 year old had 3 for our 7 day cruise and needed another. She is in the water alot, both on the beach and the pool. They don't dry really fast in the moist ocean air.

Good cruising!!

Search works great, just have to be familar with it and know how to use keywords.

With that said, most dont use it, which is fine. Most of us dont mind answering the same thing multiple times a day.

Thank you for that comment. Like I said lots of "opinions" out there. If you don't want to answer a question multiple times a day I don't think that it is in the rules anywhere that you have too.;)

Some posters seem very bothered by this thread, threads whose topic has been covered previously, posters who don't "search" first etc. Speaking for myself, if there is a thread I don't like or a topic I'm not interested in, I just move on and look for a topic I am interested in.

Since apparently rehashing older posts is so offensive, what about rehashing the same topics, like just the busy ones from this week1 ;) Here goes...

Don't worry about the Kranks that think their opinion or their statements are the only ones that count....you started a thread that should be well received...I know I have a hard time with the famous search that all the Kranks are so very quick to point out and I have been on here for a little while...so coming up with this again is great......

and to keep it on subject....remember you can order more than one entree..it took 2 cruises before my dear hubby knew this:D and try what you like while dining...

:eek: What?? Don't know people that do this cut into Carnival's bottom line?? This is as bad as bringing on your own cigars/cigarettes or smuggling your alcohol!! Now not only does Carnival not get as much take from the bars, cigar lounges, or the shops but they are going to have to spend so much more money on food that their going to raise all our cruise fares!! :rolleyes: lol, I kid, I kid... and definitely nothing about you Tootsiebit, just the theme of the last few days :p

Now, on a serious note, I DO vote for double-entrees, for any used magnetic card (gift cards, credit cards, phone cards, etc) for the room safe, and as for those blessed DOD's, maybe things have changed in the last 3 years since my first cruise but it wasn't JUST that they had more alcohol but also the fact that I saw them using 151 and such for those drinks, had me floored for a great deal :D

Well, may I be the first then to direct over there. A wealth of information from old, new and regular cruisers.

And as a newbie being asked to follow guidelines, please let me instruct you to do a search first before posting. It really helps the community.

Lighten up. This poster wants up to date info and this response is a total turnoff for posting on CC. This is a fun place to be - not a place to be reprimanded. OP, ask all of the questions you want, most of us are here to answer, even if the answers have been given before in another thread.;)

Archived