Dress Code on Solstice - Spring Break

cruizer rick

Hi everyone - thanks in advance for replies. In the brochure I have read shirt on Smart Casual & beyond means "A shirt with sleeves" for men. What does that mean? A long sleeve shirt every night ? I have been on 14 cruises (newbie to "X"), and wear "Polo" style short sleeve shirts for Casual night... Is this inappropriate? We are a 30 something couple with kids 10 & 7 .. Can someone assure me I'm not over-reacting.

Also, thoughts on the March 28th sailing... there will be younger people on board (such as ourselves) - right ?

Long sleeves are not required; by sleeves they are meaning no tank-top type shirts are permitted.

While the average age on Celebrity is higher than Royal and Carnival, there typically is more younger people on sailings around spring break, so you are likely to have some similarly aged peers. Solstice class ships also have more amenities that are appealing to younger cruisers such as the variety of games at the Lawn Club. The Solstice class ships are truly amazing.

Also, thoughts on the March 28th sailing... there will be younger people on board (such as ourselves) - right ?

Some. But you will be in the minority. Figure 50 and above for the majority. But don't worry.;) THe new ships are drawing more younger people because of the attactiveness and modern feel of the ships. There will be a mix. Mke sure to explore the ship's public rooms. You'll figure out where the "younger" cruisers will congregate. The pool is where you'll meet the younger crowd.

Archived