How much time should I factor in after disembarking to get to the airport

canadagal

I've visited San Juan on numerous cruises but I've never had to book a flight in and out of this location. If my ship docks at 8:00 a.m. mid-week at Old San Juan pier what would be the earliest flight you would book back to the states as I will be connecting through either Miami or Boston on my way back to Toronto....taking into consideration that I am considered to be an international flight which they say requires 3 hours check-in prior to boarding the flight. Would 11:05 a.m. be too early......I'm just trying to get an earlier connection out of Miami preferably that will get me in closer to 9:00 p.m rather then midnight as then I have an hours drive after the long hastle of clearing customs in Toronto which will take more time.

All and any suggestions would be so appreciated.

Pat

• 2 weeks later...

Though all my experience is flying back to the states, I would say the 1105 is too close. If the ship arrives at 800 you may not be cleared until 900. Two hours at that airport, especially if other ships have arrived at 700 and cleared before you is very, very tight. Check the thread about the airport for horror stories.:eek: We have never scheduled a flight before 1:00 and sometimes got nervous about get thru the mob at security for that time.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the info. Even though we are the only ship in port that day.....returning on a Wednesday. We decided to go with a 2:30 p.m. flight just to make sure we have plenty of time to deal with any lines.

Pat

Archived