Hobby airport to Galveston?

Plant

We're cruising in May and Carnival has transfers available from Houston Hobby airport. We're thinking we'll fly in the day before, stay in an airport hotel (with shuttles from the airport and to the airport), then catch the transfer bus on sailing day. Has anyone here done this? Does it make sense :) ? How did you find out where the Carnival bus was?

Thanks for any information,

We did this in January. We stayed at the Holiday Inn express which had a shuttle which also took us (within 1.5 mile) to a restaurant of our choice and picked us up. Excellent service. But with our group we took a Super shuttle that we reserved ahead of time to the port 10o dollars flst rate one way and it worked well for us since we had 6. Have fun.

We are flying in this Sat get a shuttle to hotel in Galveston and back Sunday Feb 28 get picked up by the same shuttle back to Hobby airport..round trip for $160 round trip for 4 people. We use American Transportation they sounded very nice, here's their phone number..713 551-6151..

Howdy Plant,

We are on the same cruise and I'm on the roll call but haven't been posting in a long time, life and all. Anywho, after extensive research in this area, one thing we have quickly discovered is that getting to Galveston and back is gonna cost you anywhere from $20 - $50 per person. Supershuttle does have a "$100" special for a van of 10 (with luggage, I read that 6 - 7 is more realistic).

Since I have six total in our group, we are paying a bit extra and renting a minivan at Houston Hobby on Saturday when we arrive, driving down to galveston to our hotel, tour the island, buy supplies (i.e. liqour to smuggle onboard), goto dinner, then dropping van off at enterprise on Sunday and putting keys in drop box taking taxi to terminal, this is costing us about $220 with taxes going through Enterprise. Versus approx. $180 one way shuttle fare down to Galveston, the $40 difference gives us some freedom on Saturday, you may want to look into renting a car. Do a search in this forum to find out more info.

For the return ride we are going to use supershuttle to get back to the Airport for $100, you can't beat the price. There are mixed reviews about supershuttle, mostly good.

Thanks, sbnuggie, I think you've made a good choice for a group. Since we're only two, I'm thinking the Carnival transfers may be less expensive.

Who's stayed at the Country Inn & Suites, Houston, Airport? Any opinions?

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, things have changed :)! We're flying into Houston Hobby, staying at the Airport Hampton Inn on Saturday night, and looking for transportation from there to the port, for two people, at about 10 AM Sunday.

Any new ideas or recommendations?

Thanks,

Archived