Jewel

R.hay

New here so much too look at,will be sailing on the 28th wife and daughter can't wait will be our 3rd cruise daughters 1st.Just hope it will be as good as our other two cruises.:)

We had a great cruise on the Jewel. What were the other two cruises you took?

Be sure to read the Jewel reviews so taht you ahve a good sense of what to expect. Also, here on the boards right now are some good pics posted, as well as some information from folks who have just returned.

Food was great--we ate mostly in MDR and had no bad experiences. We LOVED Blue Lagoon (brownies and ice cream at midnight!) for good breakfasts, snacks, and WINGS WINGS WINGS. Some people are really picky about food--here's what I say--there is great food to be had. If you have bad food, say at a buffet or something--then don't eat it--look around for good food that you like. Indeed all the food, at every location at every minute is not always fantastic--but there is always fantastic food somewhere (and not just in the pay restaurants). Make it an adventure to get to know the restuarants, the corners with ice cream, the place with good wings to order, the good carving station, the best place to grab a caesar salad (who knows, maybe it is through room service) Entertainment is really good--it is worth it to get there early for the shows and grab a good seat. Much better entertainment on the Jewel than I have ever experienced. I know some shows have changed since we went in Jan, but i know they pride themselves on their entertainment. The state rooms are really lovely--good storage and designed really well. And teh staff is fantastic--the staff are what really makes this ship.

Have a great time, but do good research about your ports and know what to expect on the ship and at the ports. Planning is half of the fun, and you have come to a great place.

DH and I had the experience of a lifetime with our 18, 18, 20, and 22 year olds, and my sister. ALL were thrilled with the experience.

My DH and I will also be on the Jewel March 28th for the 2nd time. This will be our 8th cruise with NCL. Love freestyle and also love the Jewel. She's a jewel of a ship and everyone is so friendly. We feel like family when we are on an NCL cruise!

I had a great time on my Jewel cruise (Sept 2009). Here's a link to my review (be forewarned - it's very long):

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1075320

If you just want pictures, here are links to my photo albums:

Food and Menus

http://s636.photobucket.com/albums/u...20and%20Menus/

Ship and Cabins

http://s636.photobucket.com/albums/u...0and%20Cabins/

I'm sure you will have a lovely time on the Jewel. She is a lovely ship and very clean. The staff were always friendly and smiling and we thoroughly enjoyed our first cruise on her last year. My DD (14) is really looking forward to cruising NCL with us next year and is saving hard. There were a couple of things we didn't like relating to food but food is very subjective and what we didn't like wouldn't necessarily bother others. It did not spoil our cruise in any way as other posters have said, there are always other places to eat and we were never hungry:) You will love it as long as you don't let small things get to you and go prepared to enjoy every minute

My DH and I will also be on the Jewel March 28th for the 2nd time. This will be our 8th cruise with NCL. Love freestyle and also love the Jewel. She's a jewel of a ship and everyone is so friendly. We feel like family when we are on an NCL cruise!

Dancinfeet..we're on the cruise March 28th :) ...me my DH and 2 DF's. Can't wait. Are you taking any NCL excursions? I have to admit I always take the ships excursions wimpy I know...but so easy!

Donna

The Jewel is very nice we like the ship. All of the food is very good. The sevice in the MDR and Blue Lagoon was no great or even good. If you have a problem talk to Mr. 'P' the Matr'd right away. He will make sure the rest of the cruise is Very Good SERVICE WISE. The entertainment was the best we have had on any ship. The cabin service was good. As I said the only problem is waiter sevice.

Dancinfeet..we're on the cruise March 28th :) ...me my DH and 2 DF's. Can't wait. Are you taking any NCL excursions? I have to admit I always take the ships excursions wimpy I know...but so easy!

Donna

Hi Donna

My DH and I also always book the ship excursions. We feel much safer and we know we will not be left behind! We like the beach excursions so we are doing Tabyana Beach Party in Roatan, Calpso Train Tour in Belize, and Jungle Beach Break in Costa Maya. Not too adventurous, I know, but we don't want to be doing a lot of walking. What about you, what are you thinking of doing? We pre- booked with NCL to avoid having to waste time doing it on the ship.

Sharon

That was a fabulous review. Thanks for taking the time to be fair and specific about everything! We loved the Jewel this past Oct/Nov on a 14 night repo from NY back to FL..Loved the "BAGS' program. Well worth the money and would definitely do it again!!! I just don't remember if it included a transfer or not, but we took our own (sort of shoved to a private van) to take us to Miami Airport. Next time, a regular taxi, and we had to wait until he filled it up before he left!!! I will check into that next time we fly!

Stay safe and enjoy life :-)

Archived