Tropical Weddings Jamaica

OhCherie

I am going on a cruise in April of this year. I want to get married in Ochos Rios, Jamaica. I am going to use Tropical Weddings Jamaica.com/TWJ to plan our wedding. I plan on sending the booking form back to them this Friday or early next week, but I would love to hear any additional reviews for this business. They have several locations to get married. The Oceanfront is beautiful but is over an hour away from our port. I am trying to choose between the beach or cascading falls. Any suggestions, reviews, or input would be great.

Thanks,

ohcherie

We just got married using TWJ on Feb 10th in Ocho Rios on the Beach. We sailed on the Freedom of the Seas. We were married at Golden Sands beach near Shaw Park. I would have to fully recommend TWJ in every way, everything was perfect, and our guests (36 of us total) were amazed at everything. Everybody had a great time and said it was the best wedding they have ever attended. I can't think of anything else that would have been better, and I'm a very picky person! We dealt with Almarie, and she made everything very easy and did a fantastic job. We were going to use the enchanted waterfall, but that only had a 15 person capacity; the beach was decorated very nicely and we loved it. The beach was maybe a 10 minute drive from the terminal.

We had a couple additions which made it even more special, such as the 2-dove release, and the steel drum band during the reception.

I was also married Feb 10th at the beach using Tropical Weddings Jamaica. Almarie was wonderful and she did everything perfectly. I had emailed her a picture of a bridal bouquet that I wanted and I was worried how it would turn out. The bouquet she handed to me before the ceremony began was even more beautiful than the one I sent her. We also had the steel drum band and we did the open bar and fruit platters for our reception. The setting was beautiful and the wedding was perfect. I highly recommend TWJ and Almarie.

We just got married using TWJ on Feb 10th in Ocho Rios on the Beach. We sailed on the Freedom of the Seas. We were married at Golden Sands beach near Shaw Park. I would have to fully recommend TWJ in every way, everything was perfect, and our guests (36 of us total) were amazed at everything. Everybody had a great time and said it was the best wedding they have ever attended. I can't think of anything else that would have been better, and I'm a very picky person! We dealt with Almarie, and she made everything very easy and did a fantastic job. We were going to use the enchanted waterfall, but that only had a 15 person capacity; the beach was decorated very nicely and we loved it. The beach was maybe a 10 minute drive from the terminal.

We had a couple additions which made it even more special, such as the 2-dove release, and the steel drum band during the reception.

Wow, sounds like it was perfect. Great review. It was very helpful. I just sent back the booking form. Almarie seems very nice on the phone and said not to hesitate with questions.

I'm getting married on April 22 with Almarie as my wedding planner. She has been wonderful and very accomodating so far. I've really started to get a sense that she will have everything taken care of during the last few weeks as I've been finalizing my details (flowers, menu, music, etc.). She is always quick to respond with a "no problem" and "sure I can do it." Like Bellasteena, I sent her a picture of a bouquet I like and I'm excited to see how it turns out. We have 51 people booked on the cruise for our wedding, and I definitely feel as though I'm in good hands.

NEWFIEGUY - I'd love to see your pictures! I already saw Bellasteena's - did you two ever run into each other's wedding? I have another bride on my ship getting married with Almarie on the same day. I found out that she's only a few cabins down from me on the Lido deck, too!

• 1 year later...

Looking to use TWJ as well for a cruise wedding in Jan 2012. I am not too thrilled with what NCL has to offer as far as they're packages ($$$)...can you please post how your wedding turned out with this outfit?

Also I am a little nervious in the event the cruise cancels this port we will be up a creek without a paddle. But on the brighter side, the venue looks absolutely amazing so any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Archived