No need to attend the muster drill on the Fantasy

As I posted in another thread, folks in the cabin next to ours slept through the muster drill even though the room steward opened the door to see if anyone was in their. The steward did NOT get them up only slid a letter under the door some time later which basically stated they knew they did not attend the drill and to look over the instructions on the backside of the letter in case their was an emergency. No further action was required nor did anyone else do anything further on the part of CCL.

I thought this was strange but I read the letter myself so perhaps attendance in not mandatory. I for one do not condone this but it is happening on the Fantasy anyways.

The safety drill is for the passengers to know where and what to do in an emergency. It is stupid not to attend this important drill. Some people just think that nothing is going to happen. You never know. REMEMBER the Titanic

how long ago was your trip? how is the Fantasy? thinking of going in April

Last week a B2B for a total of 9 days. The ship is nice considering her age. The waterpark in the back was nice, the new enclosed water slides are FAST! Fodd was good in the MDR, lido not the best except for the deli/mongolian grill. For the cheap price we paid it was very nice with the friendliest crew we hav experienced in our near 30 cruises with CCL.

That wasn't the case when I was on the Fantasy, but that was a year ago.

Tablemates at dinner that night said they had skipped it on purpose, and had a note under their door before dinner - something like this:

"Passengers who did not attend the muster drill must report to the (main) Lounge at ____o'clock in the morning.":eek:

As I posted in another thread, folks in the cabin next to ours slept through the muster drill even though the room steward opened the door to see if anyone was in their. The steward did NOT get them up only slid a letter under the door some time later which basically stated they knew they did not attend the drill and to look over the instructions on the backside of the letter in case their was an emergency. No further action was required nor did anyone else do anything further on the part of CCL.

I thought this was strange but I read the letter myself so perhaps attendance in not mandatory. I for one do not condone this but it is happening on the Fantasy anyways.

About time.

This apparently started somewhere between September 28th and November 30th of last year. On our Sept. cruise we had to go. In November, we did not. No sure if this was/is fleet wide, but was definitely the case on the Fantasy last year.

Fine..so don't attend the damn safety drill. But you're not getting in my damn lifeboat! :p

I seriously can NOT understand why it is folks can't take 10 frickin minutes to go listen to safety instructions. For cryin out loud.

Think I'll tell my kids to hide in the bathrooms when they have the fire drills at school.. I mean seriously..whats the likelyhood of a brick building burning down?

Fine..so don't attend the damn safety drill. But you're not getting in my damn lifeboat! :p

I seriously can NOT understand why it is folks can't take 10 frickin minutes to go listen to safety instructions. For cryin out loud.

Think I'll tell my kids to hide in the bathrooms when they have the fire drills at school.. I mean seriously..whats the likelyhood of a brick building burning down?

You go girl!! Personally, I'm glad they have a muster drill. Though doubt highly that, should the ship be in real trouble where we would need to get life jackets and report, etc., that it would be the neat, calm, "everybody line up over here, now" event that you see normally. I see chaos, pushing, shoving, trampling, everyone for themselves sort of scene. So I guess in reality, is muster really necessary when, you know in panic, no one is going to remember where their muster station is, let alone how to get there up 7 zillion flights of stairs in a true emergency. I suppose that is the logic for just not going.

I think Carnival is wrong NOT to require folks to bring and wear the life jackets, An emergency is so not the time to try to get one on with no practice. I'd never skip the drill...I WANT to know where to go. Actually going creates muscle memory, and will make it easier to actually go there quickly.

The safety drill is for the passengers to know where and what to do in an emergency. It is stupid not to attend this important drill. Some people just think that nothing is going to happen. You never know. REMEMBER the Titanic

And if I have to give my coat to a pretty lady, I'm going to make damn sure I take the necklace out of the pocket. :D

Ditto...I agree.

Archived