Another Chops Portafinos question (so there!)

I am traveling on the Serenade in June. I want to experience both Chops and Portafinos, but I also want to eat in the dining room on the "best food" nights. Does anyone have an idea which nights would be best for eating in the specialty restaurants as opposed to the main dining room.

I guess another questions is are the specialty dining restaurants open for lunch with a similar menue?

As always thanks for your help!

Bill in Monrovia

"Everyone has some good in them. Sometimes you just have to look a little harder to find it..."

6/27 Serenade of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;6;27;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

On Radiance last year both were open (on sea days, I think) for lunch with a limited menu.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;7;11;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800time98.gif

Until we sail Serenade of the Seas (Alaska) - July 11-18, 2004

Meet and Mingle HERE

Radiance of the Seas (Alaska) - June 21-28, 2003

Pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/gregjtx

Nordic Empress (Caribbean)- June, 1993

The staff in the specialty restaurants know exactly what will be served in the main dining room each night and can certainly help you decide which might be the "best" nights to try alternative dining. We usually consult with them to find out when lobster and filet mignon will be served in the dining room so we don't miss them.

Karen

6/5/05 Brilliance Mediterranean roll call

Infinity in... countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;12;5;21;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Brilliance 6/05, Infinity 12/04, Brilliance 2/04, Adventure 11/03, Brilliance 2/03, Grand Princess 3/02, Dawn Princess 11/01, Ocean Princess 5/00

Bill, I have a good friend who has booked your 6/27 cruise. It is only her second cruise. I am trying to introduce her to this site. Is there a roll call for your cruise? Who is the OP? I would love to direct her to it, so she could maybe meet some people. Thank you! icon_smile.gif

Definately eat at Chops/Portofino's on Caribbean night in the dining room that is usally the 3rd night. I ate in both restaurants on the 3rd and 4th night. Dining room is good on formal nighs. Make your reservation as soon as you get on the ship they can always be changed. Your dining room waiter can be very helpful about what nights are not great.

Happy Cruiser

Brillance of the Seas Panama canal Jan2005

Radiance of the Seas Thanksgiving 2004

Radiance of the Seas Jan 2004

Adventure of the Seas Nov 2003 25 th Anniversary

Enchantment Oct 2002

Rhapsody Alaska Aug 2001

Horizon Bermuda July 2000

Sovereign Jan 1996 and November 1991

Monarch Nov 1993

Majesty Nov 1992

QE2 transatlantic July 1986