Lunch on embarcation day

jerblu

My TA tells me we will board the Wind at 3PM (April 7, Istanbul to Venice). Is that usual for Silversea? I have never been on SS before, my experience has mostly been with Crystal, where embarcation lunch is a fairly gala affair with flowing champagne to keep us busy while the rooms are being readied.

I remember seeing a thread about "early embarcation"; is that what that thread was about?

I surely wont mind having a nice lunch in Istanbul on April 7th. What about baggage, tho- will I be able to drop my bags off at the ship even though I cant board?

My TA tells me we will board the Wind at 3PM (April 7, Istanbul to Venice). Is that usual for Silversea? I have never been on SS before, my experience has mostly been with Crystal, where embarcation lunch is a fairly gala affair with flowing champagne to keep us busy while the rooms are being readied.

I remember seeing a thread about "early embarcation"; is that what that thread was about?

I surely wont mind having a nice lunch in Istanbul on April 7th. What about baggage, tho- will I be able to drop my bags off at the ship even though I cant board?

We have just returned from the WIND Cape Town to Cape Town.

Our docs said boarding at 3pm but we turned up at the pier at 1.30 with our luggage and boarded. No queue and had a delicious lunch.

Our suite was ready and on the welcome note it stated boarding from 12.30!

My advice would be to arrive after 1pm.

In 2010, Silversea has a new embarcation policy; you can board (providing the previous

voyage guests have disembarked) beginning at noon. You will have access to the public

spaces of your ship but your suites may not be ready. You will also be able to have

lunch (e.g., in The Restuarant or Pool Grill). The early embarcation program on Silversea

ended in Dec, 2009. However, if you confirmed early embarcation when you booked

your cruise last year, they may honor it--they did for our Spirit Crossing on 3 January without charging us the $100 pp.

Our cruise docs also said boarding was to begin at 3pm but we arrived at 1030 am

and were allowed to embark shortly before 11a.m. Many Spirit guests boarded

at noon and enjoyed lunch on the Spirit.

Recommend you also check with Silversea or your TA to confirm you can still board

beginning at noon.

Archived