Emerald Princess PS suite foward

spot on the map

We are looking into booking the PS suite L-106 or L-107 aboard the Emerald. Is there anyone out there with photos of that suite? We have seen threads that mentioned the cabin attendant has locked the balcony due to winds while at sea, is this true?

The balcony in unuseable when the ship is underway due to wind yes.

We were upgraded to L106 (Guadeloupe Suite) 5 days before leaving on our Baltic cruise last May. Hubby was concerned about feeling motion being on the 15th deck and at the front on the ship. Happy to say we didn't feel anything. Just heard the wind whistling one night.

The room itself was great. Lots of storage and space

The balcony is 42 feet long but very narrow. The lounge chair took up the whole width. We only sat out on the balcony basically when we were in port. It was too windy otherwise. I believe some of the other suites in the same category have a better balcony layout. :confused:

The "secret deck" is right beside the balcony so there is no privacy if that is a concern to you. It was a great spot for taking pictures as you could get to both sides of the ship very easily.

We did overlook the bridge and we watched 3 officers with binoculars looking for missing passengers in Tallinn.

It was nice being on the Lido deck ( close to Horizon court for snacks and cookies) and we certainly enjoyed all the perks of being in a suite. :D If I was paying for a suite, this one would not be my first choice.

Attached Thumbnailsattachment.php?attachmentid=146615&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1266254239 attachment.php?attachmentid=146616&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1266254321 attachment.php?attachmentid=146617&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1266254372 attachment.php?attachmentid=146618&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1266254429

My family and I were in the L106 PS Suite on the Emerald in November over Thanksgiving. The room itself was great with plenty of room for the 3 of us. The balcony was useless. The only time we were able to enjoy it was we were in port and the ship was not moving. During the night when the ship was sailing and if there was a storm or high winds, the furniture on the balcony would shift around all night. Most of the time keeping us up. Also if you are prone to motion sickness, I would stay away from the front part of the ship. I noticed that mine was much worse than any other time we have sailed. As for the "secret deck" next to the room, we didn't see one person go up there. But I do have to say, our Room Stewart was WONDERFUL, and being in a suite you do have fabulous perks. Anything we wanted we got, including warm chocolate chip cookies every night for my daughter who is 8. I would definately get a Suite again on Princess just not in the same spot.

I would like to thank all who have responded to my thread. So let me take a moment to explain my query.

We have in he past, always booked the suites on the aft end of the ship (the big room on the back of the boat). The reason I brought up these questions are that on the newer bigger ships with the big square stern like the Emerald we have found there is a limited amount of sunshine due to the shadow of the deck above and no breeze. On the older smaller ships where the stern is stepped as in the deck below you extends beyond your balcony rail and the deck above is shorter that yours, the aerodynamics of the ship in motion creates a nice breeze, and there is much less shadow of the ship to affect your solar therapy.

Something you should keep in mind when booking the big room on the back of the boat.

Archived