Freedom with a 10 and 14 yr old - need tips!

Bandit614

We will be cruising next Month on the Freedom with our 10 and14 yr old kids. This is a 7 night cruise and we are not going with any friends/relatives like our last cruise. I am wondering how I can help them to get involved and meet others their same age? Because they will be in two separate age groups, and because my 10 yr old can be shy and my 14 yr old is in the stage that he thinks he's too "cool" :cool: for kids group, I am envisioning a week of me trying to entertain them. I have encouraged them to go to the first meeting at the kids clubs (can someone tell me what this is like), but I'm being met with resistance.

Will they be split up for all activities because of the difference in their ages? Are there other places (other than formal "meets and greets") where they might meet some other kids? Any suggestions from experienced families that cruise would be appreciated.

Well I don't think the 10 yr/old will have too many problems just take him/her to the meet and greet and he'll/she'll find some friends to be with the rest of the cruise (I was really shy at that age too and even I found people to hang out with).. For the 14 yr/old, just tell him to go to the meet and greet and he will totally find some people to hang out with (there are so many teens on the ships, it's pretty much impossible for him to not find a group) so I think your biggest problem will be finding him since he'll probably be out all day long.. Anyways have fun on your cruise!!

They likely will not allow them to be in the same groups - they are pretty strict about keeping the ages in the groups as they state.

I don't think you should worry - there is so much for them to do to keep entertained. Take them to the Kids Clubs and they will find kids with similar interests - no kids their age want to hang with their parents all the time once they find some kids their own age.

If your 14 year old is like ours was at that age he will live at the Flow Rider, basketball court/sports deck, Sorrento's pizza, the arcade, the pool or the soft serve machine on the pool deck. There is more than enough outside of the Kids Club for him to do. The Freedom class ships are great for kids/teens.

WOW! OHCruisinDad we live nextdoor to each other.

I Freedom class has so much to do they wont have any problems making friends. I agree with Dad about your 14 year old at the FlowRyder I love riding it but with all the kids it makes for long lines. Its my second home on the ship after the bar. Have a great time. And if your kids get that clingy lock them in the room. LOL just kidding

Archived