quick help please! Summit 8045

Amy from Delaware

I am about to book Summit 8045, it's one of the C2's with a triangular balcony. Can someone please tell me if it obstructed or not?

I'm about to change from C1 8137. Hopefully this is a good move! (There is a resident discount so I can get the C2 for the same price I previously had for the C1)

Thanks!

call and ask Celebrity, they can usually tell you if there is any obstruction.

Thank you for the advice. I don't trust Celebrity to know anything about what attibutes any cabin has. In the past, I have been given different information from different agents. I trust others on CruiseCritic more!

After exhaustive searches through Cruise Critic, I didn't find any posts that said 8045 is obstructed, so I've booked it. I am still hoping someone who has been in that cabin on Summit will chime in and let me know for sure.

Looking at the deck plans, it seems like it shouldn't be a problem, since all the lifeboats are on deck 5. But I have read on the Solstice class ships that sometimes the window washer is parked near that "front" hump. Not sure if it's the same for the Millenium class ships.

I searched for "8045" and found this info in the first 2 threads below your thread:

Each of the following cabins on the Millennium Class ships (Millennium, Infinity, Constellation, Summit) has some particular benefit over its peers of the same class -- most often an oversized veranda, sometimes larger cabin or nicer decor. Not all of these differences are accurately reflected in any known deck plans.

S1 - 6131,6132,6145,6146

C1 – 9201,9164,9162,9160

C2 - 9043,9038,

C1 - 8185,8176,8172,8170

C2 – 8045,8046,

C1 - 7203,7212,7208,7206

C1 - 6135,6136,6143,6144

and

The “Great” Rooms with larger balconies: People love the aft-facing staterooms (8170, 8172, 8176, & 8185) for the views of the wake and super-large balconies. 8045 & 8046 with larger “triangle shaped” balconies are also popular. Book these if you can!

So, I would assume that if they were obstructed, it would be mentioned.

Good luck. ;)

Archived