Help! Disembarkation Advice

Tedirene

Hi,

I apologise in advance if this question has been asked before. My daughter is booked on Cherry Blossom 2011 but only doing the Sydney/Hong Kong sector. This sector is classified as 17 days. The Sun leaves Sydney on 5 March and gets to Hong Kong March 21, stays overnight and leaves 22 March. My daughter has been advised by the P&O consultant that she has to disembark on 21 March:confused: I thought that she would not have to disembark until the morning of the 22 March before the Sun leaves port? On her intinerary, it shows her cruise finishing on 21 March but has "overnight" next to that date with the location of Hong Kong.

Can someone please clarify.

Ted

Hi,

I apologise in advance if this question has been asked before. My daughter is booked on Cherry Blossom 2011 but only doing the Sydney/Hong Kong sector. This sector is classified as 17 days. The Sun leaves Sydney on 5 March and gets to Hong Kong March 21, stays overnight and leaves 22 March. My daughter has been advised by the P&O consultant that she has to disembark on 21 March:confused: I thought that she would not have to disembark until the morning of the 22 March before the Sun leaves port? On her intinerary, it shows her cruise finishing on 21 March but has "overnight" next to that date with the location of Hong Kong.

Can someone please clarify.

Ted

The way i see it is she has 17 "days" so must leave the ship on the morning of the 21st. If it was in "nights" she would be entitled to stay until the morning of the 22nd.

We have a travel agent in Perth that advertises all their cruises in "days" whereas most other T/As and cruise lines advertise in "nights"!

My recent 12 night cruise was advertised by this T/A as a 13 day cruise!

They include the day of disembarkation as a "Day" even though you may have to be off the ship at 7-9am that day.

Archived