Infant - is there an age requirement?

My wife's side of the family is planning a reunion during the holidays - we all would like to sail on Princess again, however, I remember that Princess does limit children aboard, which isn't a problem, since we don't have any children in the group except my sister-in-law will have a baby by then and will be about 3 months old by the time the cruise starts. Will Princess accept a baby that young? Thanks for your help!

You know, I also always believed that the infants had to be six months to sail. But I just returned Wednesday from the Dawn sailing and there were at least two infants that were not that old. They looked to be two to three months at the oldest. I thought that was very odd. Maybe they lied about it. Very weird.

Guest Host Tink

The latest information I received from my Princess Rep is that it is *recommended* that children not be younger than 6 months, but that children younger than that will be permitted on *certain* cruises. It's best to check with your Travel Agent.

"The minimum passenger age is 6 months on Alaska and Caribbean cruises, 18 months on Exotic cruises and 12 months on all other cruises.

Passengers under the age of 18 years must be accompanied by a Passenger over the age of 21. If the adult is not the parent of the Passenger under the age of 18, a Parental/Guardianship Consent must be signed by his/her parent or legal guardian and delivered to Carrier before sailing. No alcohol may be purchased or consumed by any Passengers under the age of 21. No Passenger under the age of 21 shall be permitted to engage in any gaming activities on board the ship."

Archived