Anyone used Joe Banana Limos?

angelkk

We booked Joe Banana tours for our cruise ship stops in Naples and Livorno. Both tours were excellent and better than we could have even dreamed. Gaetano was our guide out of Naples for the all inclusive tour of Pompeii, Positano, Sorrento and the Amalfi Coast. It was a perfect day of riding, walking and eating.

In Florence our tour guide was Andrea and he was very excited to share his city with us. He made the city of Florence come to life and we certainly enjoyed his stories, jokes and wealth of information. It was a long day of walking, but we really got a feel for the city of Florence.

I would highly recommend Joe Banana and these two tour guides. Both tours were professionally handled, but still lots of fun. There was never a question about getting back to the ship on time or if we were going to see all the things we wanted to see. The tours were very smooth. Both days were memorable parts of our trip.

• 4 weeks later...

We just returned from a 12 day cruise. I did a lot of research on tour operators. The thing that made Joe Banana stand out for me was his perfect reviews and the fact he did not require any kind of prepayment or deposit. We were able to get a 30 Euro discount on each of our three tours. Joe Banana offers this discount when you book three or more tours. We used him on the Florence tour where his driver/guide took our group of 8 to Pisa, Florence and San Gigmiangno. We then did the Best of Rome tour. That was great as well and we were able to see all the main attractions in Rome in the limited time you have when on a cruise. Our third tour was in Messina. We went to Mt Etna and Taormina. We had a different driver guide on each tour. They were all on time waiting for our group when we left the ship. They all spoke good English and were informative, funny, great drivers and by the end of the tour were a friend. We paid in cash (euros) at end of tour and saved about two thirds over cruise ship price and we were in nice air conditioned 8 person vans instead of the large buses the cruise lines use. You will like Joe Banana Limos. I found three other couples by using the Roll Call feature on Cruise Critic.

• 1 month later...

We travelled with Joe Banana tours in sept in salarno.Paulo was very funny,interesting,and a good host.He never rushed us and even took photos of all of our group.He is a first class driver on some very twisting mountain top roads in amalfii and positano.If you want to have a fun day a be entertained,but also see some great sites this is the company for you.:)

We are considering a half day tour out of La Spezia to just see PISA. This company is willing to accommodate our request. Wonder if any of you have any experience of this company. Would really appreciate any feedback. Used the search function but haven't been able to find anything.

Thanks

I used Joe Banana on my tour in Naples on 9/27. He was more than I/we could have asked for. We were like family after about 5 minutes together. He was extremely accommodating and will vary his tour to your liking at no extra cost. We saw so much more than expected. What was so special was his knowledge of the area and all the little special tidbits you would never get with a bus tour. The restaurant he took us to for lunch was like something out of a movie. The location in the hills, the scenery and atmosphere and HOME MADE pasta, antipasto, mozzarella, lemon cello, was unbelievable. We spent 12 hours with Joe and hated for it to end. Joe is a lovable gentleman with a great sense of humor, extreme knowledge of naples and the entire area and it was one of the greatest memories i have of my cruise trip to italy. His prices are extremely fair. Don't know how he does it. Don't miss a tour with Joe. I promise you will not be disappointed.

We used Joe Bananas Limos for our tour of the Amalfi Coast this August. We were docked in Amalfi. Paolo was our guide and driver. He was a fantastic guide and a terrific driver. We recommend him highly. He has a great personality and is very knowledgeable about where to go and what to do. On a scale of 1 to 10, he is a 10+.

Archived