Credit for Sea Miles or Fun Miles or whatever?

ladycaveat

I've been using Carnival's Sea Miles Master Card for ages . . . recently received the Fun Ship Miles credit card or whatever they are calling it now. In the past, I called Carnival and got a discount on my booked cruises. This time, I called and was told that although I have 30,000 plus points, I had to call Barklay Bank . Sorry if I spelled that wrong. I called and was told I couldn't redeam my points for a discount on my "paid in full" Carnival cruise. Duh? All they could say was I could get a discount on my next Jet Blue flight. I've never been on Jet Blue nor do I plan to do so. I'm driving to Baltimore for my cruise in September. What is going on?

Did you pay for the cruise with that card? If so then you have 180 days to redeem the points.

Dan

Dan, I charged $1,475.35 (total price for cruise) on my Sea Miles Master card on February 6, 2010. I always pay the card off in full the first over every month, thus I'll be getting points for the $2.600 owed on the card when I send the payment on March 1, 2010. If I have 180 days . . . maybe I called to early? Never had that problem before . . .

Archived