Carnival Valor or Norwegian Jewel Any Advice?

tjwyatt

I am planning a last minute Spring Break cruise with my 19 year old daughter. I have cruised on Oceania, Holland America, Princess and Royal Caribbean, but never on Carnival or Norwegian. I've been looking through the reviews of both for several hours but still can't come to a final decision. The Carnival ports for the Valor cruise will be Grand Cayman (I've been there, but my daughter has not), Roatan (have not been there), Belize (have not been there) and Cozumel (been there). The Norwegian ports on the Jewel cruise are Roatan, Belize, Costa Maya and Stirrup Cay. We are laid back, not overly demanding - but we really want it to be extremely clean, with great food, friendly staff, good fun, and not an overcrowded feeling (like the RC cruise) - the ability to get a deck chair sometimes - the usual stuff we all want. The one thing that makes me a little nervous about the Valor are the reviews about the smell of smoke due to cigar lounge and other smoking areas? And, not that this would affect my decision, but does Carnival really have better desserts than Norwegian? :-) I'm all about dessert! Thank you for your help and advice!

Archived