century stateroom # 9245

mjwandssw

I haven't stayed in that cabin but I was in 9230 which is very close to it and have stayed in 2 cabins one floor up in on Century in the past 2 years. I really enjoy staying in aft cabins on Century because with the aft outside staircase it is very easy to get around the ship.

There is a noticeable vibration that you'll feel when the ship changes prop pitch to slow down entering ports, normally last about 5 minutes or less. It's never bothered me but if you’re a late sleeper it will wake you up as you enter ports early in the morning.

Joel

Vista Deck, Family Ocean View Strm Veranda

Stateroom #9245

has anyone ever stayed in this room, or know about this area on the ship?

thanks in advance...

We had this exact FV for our Century TA cruise in Dec.09. It has a huge balcony that the deck 8 FVs don't have and being the port side end unit you could see forward from the corner of the balcony at about a 60 degrees angle when looking over the corner staircase beside it. Also you can't be seen from the sunset bar area unless you are right at the railing as shown in the last shot below. The only complaint was the bed was surrounded on three sides by two walls and the partition between the bedroom and sofa area so the person on the inside of the bed had to crawl over the outside person to get out of bed.

Century002a.jpg

DSC03182a.jpg

DSC02786a.jpg

I also stayed in that exact stateroom on a transatlantic. The following is an excerpt from the review I wrote for that cruise: "My Stateroom: The FV's are slightly larger than the typical balcony staterooms and can accommodate five people (two on a bed, two on a couch, one in a bed that folds out from the wall above the couch). Parties of two can book these rooms if they are still available as sailing date approaches. It was nice having the extra space but the room has some oddities (i.e. the bed has no nightstands and one person is enclosed by three walls and the other person). Plenty of storage. The living room has a door that you can pull that separates it from the bedroom so it is almost like having a mini suite. The balcony (an aft one) was huge (I would estimate 100 to 120 square feet) and has two lounge chairs, a decent size table (large enough to eat on), and two regular deck chairs. My only complaint was the balcony was not cleaned much during the cruise and the furniture was rather cheap looking. Holland America definitely has much nicer balconies. My fiance was not pleased by the vanity (not good lighting for applying make up or space for storing cosmetics). The interactive TV was nice (you can even gamble from your room). The shower was much larger than on Royal Caribbean."

Archived