How comfy are the beds?

tink24

The beds on Carnival are hands down the best we have sailed on.

The bed on RCL was ok, but just a bed.

The bed on Princess was like sleeping on concrete. We got a egg crate, that helped but still it was like sleeping on a park bench.

If you want a nice bed Carnival seems to have that down pact. ;)

I'm really picky about beds and pillows. I hardly get a good night sleep at hotels...but I just sailed on my first cruise on the Splendor and slept right through the night! Not thee most comfortable but a darn good sleeper. Pillows were good too.

I am glad to hear that the beds are supposed to be comfy, I am just recovering from surgery and have been concerned about how I will sleep on the cruise.

That being said, I think I may have read somewhere on here that you can ask for a foam mattress pad if you need it. Is this actually true?

We just finished a cruise on the Miracle and the bed in our balcony cabin was rock-hard. It was so hard that my lower back tended to realign and pop just like a chiropractic adjustment when I first laid down. We were happy to return to our pillowtop mattress at home. Wish I had thought to ask the room steward if there was anything that could be done like an earlier poster did.

Also, having a bad back and I know that I will be more active on a cruise then at home I will need a good nights sleep. My main concern is about where the two beds are pushed together, do they put something over the seam? I don't want to roll into it. I'd feel like that "I've fallen and I can't get up lady!"

We were on the Splendor, balcony room, earlier this month and I didn't think the beds were that great. I think the beds at a Holiday Inn are more comfortable! I thought it was just because we have a really nice pillow top bed at home, so all beds we sleep in out of our house, just don't seem that great!

Just off the Triumph, DH & I thought the beds were wonderful, friend and her husband thought they were terrible. Just depends on how you like your mattress.

I was disappointed though in a balcony room for 3 our sofa didn't fold out to make a twin size mattress. Good thing it was for a child, an adult would of had serious issues.

The last time I sailed was on the Splendor in one of the Spa staterooms and the bed was AWESOME. Just wondering if the beds in the regular staterooms are just as comfy. Thanks for your help!

I have only been in a inside room and a CAT 1A and they both had awesome beds...to rival some upper star hotels!

Our bed on the Pride in January was awful. Really. The worst bed I've ever slept on.

I'm a side sleeper and my ribs were sore for a few weeks after I got home. Didn't have that problem on 3 Miracle cruises. Must have been the luck of the draw.

I think I may have read somewhere on here that you can ask for a foam mattress pad if you need it. Is this actually true?

I've heard that too. When I asked for one on our cruise, I was told that they weren't allowed. Possible fire risk?

I won't suffer like that again. I'll ask for a new mattress. Woe be to the person who denies me.:mad:

I do have to say that even though our steward said he couldn't do the foam topper, he did put a quilt under the fitted sheet to try to help. It didn't help, but kudos to him for trying. It reflected in his extra tip and on the comments I left on the survey.

Archived