Beware of Beverage Packages

mjwandssw

I just got off the Millie and had the frozen drink package. I mentioned to the bartender at the martini bar it was too bad he couldn't make frozen martinis. He said of course he could. (well, there were some he couldn't do) We were there every day of an 11 day cruise.

I will say that at times we did have trouble and got/almost got charged because the bartender or waiter didn't see the small "frzn" or "beer" in 12 point type on the room card. Not sure why celebrity can't enter it in their onboard computer system.

Has anyone booked a package once they were onboard or is this something you can only do online?

If you can book it on the ship is it only available the first day?

Thanks,

Bob

You can buy it onboard and not necessarily only on the first day. You would pay for all the remaining days of the cruise if purchased after day one.

You can buy it onboard and not necessarily only on the first day. You would pay for all the remaining days of the cruise if purchased after day one.

Thanks,

Seems like this would be a good deal for my cruise if i could only buy for the last half of the cruise.

It has been confirmed in a different thread that the packs can be used at ANY and All bars. I did the math and you would have to drink 6 to 7 drinks EVERY DAY of the cruise just to break even. Unless you are a heavy drinker or cheat the system, "share" it seems to be very hard to come out a head. Celebrity has effectivly stacked the deck in their favor on these packs. I would just go one for one so you don't have to be an alcholic the whole crujise.

dude, If your drinking more than 6 beers every day for 7 or more days straight, thats heavy drinking, whether your "falling down drunk" or not. I'm not labeling you just stating a fact. Lets be honest, when you get half of your daily calorie intake from alcohol....well, enough said.

For love of God. 6 beer throughout the day is not that much on vacation. The average beer is 110 calories, most guys I know eat more than 1200 calories a day on a cruise. Seriously, if this is all you have to add to the conversation, I don't think you should have bothered.

For love of God. 6 beer throughout the day is not that much on vacation. The average beer is 110 calories, most guys I know eat more than 1200 calories a day on a cruise. Seriously, if this is all you have to add to the conversation, I don't think you should have bothered.

Everyone is sent to their rooms at this point. Who cares how much they are drinking? It's not like they are driving, or are they?

I just got off the Summit (Feb 20-2010) where I purchased the frozen drinks package in advance of the sailing

I feel I got 100% of my monies worth in the sense that anytime I wanted a Pina C or a Daiquiri, I could order one at any bar, anywhere, including at dinner, and also could do so for anyone I was travelling with, one drink at a time

My brother in-law didn't buy the beer package in advance, and after seeing his bar bill, wished that he had done so

However, I am one of those people who wished crusiing was a little more all-incluisve ala the system used on the Xpedition, or the likes of Silverseas, etc, because I prefer to just order drinks without having to sign a bill, etc every time I want one

jc

toronto

When on the Century I upgraded to the Premium because the classic liquor only covered the 'small' martini glasses that are in the other bars....and the martini glasses in the martini bar were SIGNIFICANTLY bigger than the ones in the crystal room or by the pool. This was upon consultation with the bar manager on the first day. There were small glasses in the martini bar though, so I imagine those could be used if you did not have the premium package.

I just like the idea of having a set price....I did not drink anything one of the days....I think the package will have its fans-people who like fixed costs, versus those who like the freedom of drinking when and what they want, with a varied cost.

We just got back 3 days ago, and used the Frozen Package. We could use it in ANY bar, for pretty much any drink. In fact, all but one bartender would take ANY drink we asked for, and "make it frozen".... ie, a Mojito - they just threw it into the ice-crusher-frozen-making-machine and voila, a frozen mojito.

Gin and tonic- same thing. You're going to get ice in your drink anyways, so it didn't make much difference this way - tasted the same.

Any bar, and concoction, and any booze we wanted, any time of day.... and it was WELL worth it.

We just got back 3 days ago, and used the Frozen Package. We could use it in ANY bar, for pretty much any drink. In fact, all but one bartender would take ANY drink we asked for, and "make it frozen".... ie, a Mojito - they just threw it into the ice-crusher-frozen-making-machine and voila, a frozen mojito.

Gin and tonic- same thing. You're going to get ice in your drink anyways, so it didn't make much difference this way - tasted the same.

Any bar, and concoction, and any booze we wanted, any time of day.... and it was WELL worth it.

Yea!

Regarding the "heavy drinker" comments, I know everything is relative to your height, weight and tolerance, and to your intake (10 beers in 1 hour vs. 10 beers in 10 hours is a huge difference). For example, 4 cocktails for a 110 woman is like 10 cocktails for a 250+ pound man, and vice-versa.

I find these little spats entertaining. As long as people are not being huge A-holes, I don't care how much people drink or why.

In terms of calories, since when did we count calories on a cruise? If that's what you do, you've picked the wrong vacation. Are you going to tell that fat couple over there that they shouldn't have any dessert? Or that kid he shouldn't eat pizza because it's unhealthy? Worry about yourself.

Archived