Going to book first NCL cruise! POA!

JettaGirl

Hello my new NCL friends.

I am a previous Carnival and Princess cruiser and I was in a dilemma. I am getting married NEXT November and we wanted to plan our wedding around our honeymoon. We couldn't find a CCL or Princess cruise that fit our timefram/price range.

So, we made the decision last night. We are flying to Hawaii, having a few honeymoon days together, and then boarding the Pride of America to enjoy our honeymoon cruise on NCL.

I think we are going to LOOOVE the freestyle cruising concept.

I hope we are making the right decision. I know it is more than a year and a half away, but I am ready for the countdown to begin!

November 12, 2011!

Happy Cruising!

Hello my new NCL friends.

I am a previous Carnival and Princess cruiser and I was in a dilemma. I am getting married NEXT November and we wanted to plan our wedding around our honeymoon. We couldn't find a CCL or Princess cruise that fit our timefram/price range.

So, we made the decision last night. We are flying to Hawaii, having a few honeymoon days together, and then boarding the Pride of America to enjoy our honeymoon cruise on NCL.

I think we are going to LOOOVE the freestyle cruising concept.

I hope we are making the right decision. I know it is more than a year and a half away, but I am ready for the countdown to begin!

November 12, 2011!

Happy Cruising!

Hello there, from near New Orleans. DW and I will be celebrating 34 years this summer, and we are doing POA April 3, 2010, so our countdown is now less than FORTY days! There are some very interesting 'roll calls' on the NCL roll call board here that you will probably enjoy. You will find the member reviews for POA tend to be pretty well a mixed bag. MOST folks who understand that POA is not a 'normal' cruise ship seem to return from their cruise satisfied and pleased, with the focus of their vacation being the Islands themselves. Folks who expect the POA to be the 'same' as other ships in the NCL fleet or other lines tend to seem less pleased. We have never done NCL, so we won't have that "point of reference", but we are going to Hawaii ............... so we'll be thrilled. Whatever the POA provides beyond 'basic' room and board will be lagniappe. Fell free to post on the April 3, 2010 roll call, and if you ask, I am certain many of us will be happy to share our 'reviews' upon our return. Congrats again

Bon Voyage

Aloha

Geaux Saints

Hello there, from near New Orleans. DW and I will be celebrating 34 years this summer, and we are doing POA April 3, 2010, so our countdown is now less than FORTY days! There are some very interesting 'roll calls' on the NCL roll call board here that you will probably enjoy. You will find the member reviews for POA tend to be pretty well a mixed bag. MOST folks who understand that POA is not a 'normal' cruise ship seem to return from their cruise satisfied and pleased, with the focus of their vacation being the Islands themselves. Folks who expect the POA to be the 'same' as other ships in the NCL fleet or other lines tend to seem less pleased. We have never done NCL, so we won't have that "point of reference", but we are going to Hawaii ............... so we'll be thrilled. Whatever the POA provides beyond 'basic' room and board will be lagniappe. Fell free to post on the April 3, 2010 roll call, and if you ask, I am certain many of us will be happy to share our 'reviews' upon our return. Congrats again

Bon Voyage

Aloha

Geaux Saints

WHO DAT!!! Just had to say, from another fellow New Orleanian... we're going on the POA in September. Will you be using the NCL excersions?

Archived