Carnival Pride vs. Inspiration?????

Jrabbit128

Hello everyone. I need some assistance. Which ship is better?!?!?! Right now, my nieces, nephew and I are booked onboard the Carnival Inspiration out of Tampa. The flights are not going down so I started searching for ships that leave from NY, since that is where we are from. Found the Carnival Pride out of Baltimore, which is only a 3 hour drive from me, which is not too bad.

This is going to be the kids' 2nd cruise (1st was on NCL) and to them, the ship is the most important thing. So should I keep Inspiration and fly down to Tampa or change to the Pride? The price difference for the cruise comes out to the same if I were to buy plane tickets down to Tampa, so the price is not the issue. They just want to go on the "cooler" ship.

Help!!!!

I have been on both and liked them both. They are very different in size and age. Pride is newer but Inspiration was recently refit so she looks like a new ship.

It really depends, if you are used to the large ships the Pride would be the choice. If you like the smaller ships then go with the Inspiration.

I had not been on a Fantasy class ship in a long time and when I first boarded the Inspiration it felt small. But after a few hours I adjusted and realized I really prefer the smaller ship.

I know I am not being a lot of help but i enjoyed both ships a lot.

It's a tough call. As noted above, "Inspiration" just went through refit, and has a lot of GREAT features, like the water works for the kids, and the "Serenity Deck" for the adults. On the other hand, "Pride" is a bit larger, and a bit newer, but I don't think she's been through refit in a while. You won't go wrong with either, but personally, I love "Inspiration", so I'd probably stick with that ship.

"SKY"

Thanks everyone! These kids could care less about where the ship starts, stops, or finishes. They wanted to go on the better ship of the two. My nephew saw a carnival ship docked next to us in Nassau last year, saw the waterslide and said I need to make sure we go on a ship with a slide. They take FULL advantage of the pools, which is also another "must-have."

Thanks everyone! These kids could care less about where the ship starts, stops, or finishes. They wanted to go on the better ship of the two. My nephew saw a carnival ship docked next to us in Nassau last year, saw the waterslide and said I need to make sure we go on a ship with a slide. They take FULL advantage of the pools, which is also another "must-have."

With that in mind, I'd recommend "Inspiration" with it's new Water Works. Kids will love it!

"SKY"

Archived