Valor, Aft View, Extended Balcony, Good, Bad?????

Chris64

We had an aft. balcony cabin in Jan. With all the hipe about the aft, IMPO is way over rated. We paid extra for the catagory and the next time we will book reg balcony and save our money. JMO. Others will differ though.

We were on deck 6 and the noise at night was a pain in the A$$. There was a club under us and it was loud.The cabin we had was the only one that would hold 3 people so we did not have a choice to pick from.

When it rained there was no cover.

Try it for yourselves.

We always book aft, but you have to do your research to make sure you aren't 'over something or under something' that the public uses at all hours.. ;)

With a little research, the AFT is the way to go... For us anyhow..!!! :D We LOVE IT.. ! :)

• 1 year later...
Thanks for the replies so far. We have cabin #7453 which is sandwiched between two other cabin decks You must have done your homework!. Looking forward to trying something new.

Unfortunately you will probably be spoiled from here on out :p. We love aft cabins and the ONLY down side I see to the whole situation is that when you book early saver they book up too fast to ever see price reductions :D

Enjoy - and let us know how you enjoyed it after your cruise.

Booked an extended balcony aft view on the Valor. Is it a good or bad decision? Opinions? :confused:

I've had the Valor extended aft balcony twice, and have booked the same cabin again, except on the Liberty for this June.

If you love spending time on the balcony, plus seeing amazing views going in and out of ports, you won't be disappointed.

It's also very peaceful and relaxing sitting outside at night!

Please remember, and research which cabin and deck you are booking on... and the 'class' of ship! :) All afts are not equal! :p

The structure of the ship, being a flat aft or a sloped aft will make all the difference in the world, as will the deck you book! :D

I ALWAYS book aft, but was disappointed in Deck 4 on a 'Spirit class' ship as I felt like I was in a shoebox! :eek:

All of our other 'afts' have been very nice, tho' some not as 'private' as others... Be careful!! ;)

We had an aft. balcony cabin in Jan. With all the hipe about the aft, IMPO is way over rated. We paid extra for the catagory and the next time we will book reg balcony and save our money. JMO. Others will differ though.

Although I agree with Luke gs Daddy about afts being over-rated, I do hope you enjoy yours. Some people swear by them. Then again, some people swear by having an inside cabin, and some will never book anything lower than the largest suite available.

Good choice though on booking on the Empress Deck!

We had cabin 7442 on the Valor 2 years ago and loved it. Go to cruiselinerooms on the web (can't post links here), go to the Valor and then cabin 7442 and you'll see our photos. I think you'll love it!!! Enjoy the cruise.

We love aft cabins and the ONLY down side I see to the whole situation is that when you book early saver they book up too fast to ever see price reductions :D

I've got an aft cabin on the Liberty, and you're right. Booked early saver, saw my first (and probably only!) price drop little over a week ago. Glad I sent in the Price Guarantee form right away, a few days ago it was back at the orginal price!

This is our first cruise ever, and our first proper vacation in about 12 years. Wanted to go all out to make it memorable and comfortable, so I'm hoping I made the right choice with the aft view cabin. After booking I realized we were right above the aft lounge, but since it's not a club I'm keeping my fingers crossed it wont be too noisy. Then again, I don't plan on sleeping much anyway.

Then again, I don't plan on sleeping much anyway.
Thus, any aft cabin will be great! :) If there was a 'stage' under you with a rock band, I'd be concerned, but if you aren't going to be in the cabin till' the party is over, it won't matter a bit! Have a GREAT cruise...:D

Most aft cabins are anything from noisy.. It's a tad longer walk to get there, but there is very little foot traffic back there..;)

Archived