First timerleaving out Saturday few questions??

williefred1000

First time and we leave Saturday out of Mobile on the Fantasy. 1. if you get room service for breakfast does it cost or do I just tip the server? 2. what about hair dryers, and personal items like shampoo and stuff? 3. what should we expect, I have been canvasing CC for days, would like for some input and advice from people that have sailed out of Mobile on the Fantasy. Thanks and I have to say the users of CC have been very helpful and nice to this newbiee.. I am so excited.... Will:D

Room service is free, but they expect a tip. $1 an item or probably no more than $5 for a whole large meal for several people.

You can order breakfast from your pillow menu and hang it onto your door to arrive a certain time.

Tips for room service are not included in the $10 pp per day.

I dont think there are hair dryers.

If your hair is short, their shampoo is fine, but I bring my own, no conditioner provided.

First time and we leave Saturday out of Mobile on the Fantasy. 1. if you get room service for breakfast does it cost or do I just tip the server? 2. what about hair dryers, and personal items like shampoo and stuff? 3. what should we expect, I have been canvasing CC for days, would like for some input and advice from people that have sailed out of Mobile on the Fantasy. Thanks and I have to say the users of CC have been very helpful and nice to this newbiee.. I am so excited.... Will:D

Most of your questions have been answered, so I won't repeat them. You can fill out a form each night for breakfast and hang it on your door handle. You can specify what time you want delivery. However, the room service breakfast is more basic than what is offered at the buffet or dining room.

I have sailed out of Mobile two times and on the Fantasy out of New Orleans. You will have a great time!

Go on Carnival's site carnival.com and look for the FAQ (frequently asked questions) and you'll get a lot of answers. There is an amenity basket/bowl in the bathroom, but they don't refill it. I'm sure if you asked for more toothpaste or something your cabin steward would bring it, but I always bring some travel size amenities with me. In the showers they have a dispenser for some liquid that doubles as body wash and shampoo, I think. I like my own shampoo so I always bring some. But they don't have any conditioner, so if you need that, bring it.

You will find information regarding all carnival ships to be the same no matter what ship.

Hairdryers are in the bathroom- very low wattage-- they are the kind that youhave to hold the button down for it to work- if you are not taking your hairdryer--at least take a heavy duty rubber band.

If you have thick hair youwill be there forever.

--

Body wash/shampoo are also in the bathroom- again if you have unruly hair-- take your own.

First off...Hi and we will be on the same cruise!! I am so excited can't hardly wait.

1. Room service is free...except you need to tip.

2. Fantasy DOES NOT have hair dryers so you need to bring your own. Shampoo and soap is provided but no conditioner.

There are several cruisers from CC going on this same cruise. You should go over to the Carnival Fantasy Roll Call and say Hi. We are planning on getting together on the ship.

Eddi

I will be sailing in about 7 weeks, and was looking for info too.

You know, the good the bad the ugly!!!

Any must do or don'ts?

How are the clubs at nite, do they stay active pretty late?

My husband loves food, is there a midnight buffet or just the normal one?

I am counting days!!!

On some ships, the hairdryer is located in the vanity top drawer in your cabin. However, I would put a travel size one in just in case. Shampoo is available but no conditioner. Never have ordered room service, but a tip is certainly due.

What should you expect? I expect you will have a great time! :D Have fun and come back and tell us all about it!

I will be sailing in about 7 weeks, and was looking for info too.

You know, the good the bad the ugly!!!

Any must do or don'ts?

How are the clubs at nite, do they stay active pretty late?

My husband loves food, is there a midnight buffet or just the normal one?

I am counting days!!!

There's no bad or uglies unless you go looking for them. Don't go with great expectations that everything will be a or should be a certain way. Everyone has different experiences--the same cruise for two different people are not the same experience.

We never go to the midnight buffets because we always get late seating and are stuffed from dinner. Depends on which ship you are on. Some ships have the chocolate buffet, some have a Mexican buffet, but your husband won't go hungry, there's food 24/7.

The clubs are rocking fairly late, depends on which one you choose to spend your time at.

Have a great time!

Archived