Dawn Questions

Watermanfunari

I just wanted to ask some more questions about the Dawn, we will be on her in Feb.

What are all the pool and hot tub hours?

It says in the Library they have listening chairs, do I have to bring my own headphones and tapes (music)?

What Dinning Room (name) is Personal Choice and which one is Fixed?

Can anyone tell me what kind of activites they have to do on sea days (Other then Bingo and Trivia)?

Most have said that there is no night life at all after 12 midnight, is this true? And what is the name of the main Lounge that will be for dancing (like with a DJ if band is not singing)?

Is the Pool band or dance band really good?

Is the Oasis Bar (aft) a good place for us Cruise Critics to meet at sailaway?

Like a good view, are there any tables and chairs back there? If it rains is it partially covered or not?

Is the Cruise Director and his staff lots of fun or not?

Thats about it for now, lol. I know I am a pain in the butt, but I want to know, and who else to ask but the best people in the world "Cruise Critic" people.

Thanks to all in advance.

SueKDBBtransp.gif

The Florentine Dining Room on Plaza Deck 5 is the "anytime" dining room. The Venetian Dining Room on Emeral Deck 6 is the traditional dining room.

Dancing is in the Wheelhouse Bar - usually 5 pm until Late with a band.

Jammers Night Club, used for singles get togethers, from 9 pm onwards has a DJ. There is sometimes dancing in the Vista Lounge with the Princess Orchastra preceeding a show. Bands can range from good to excellant depending on who they are and what types of music you prefer.

Night life after midnight will be dependant on the passengers. If there aren't enough to keep things going it will not be open. The age of the passengers will also influence this as will how port intensive the itinerary is.

Day activities will probably include: Computers at Sea lessons (most for a $25 fee per class), Brain Waves Quiz, Seminars for different jewels, Princess Links Golf and Sports Simulator (fee), Sightseeing and shopping talk, Special Interest Lectures are sometimes given, spa lectures, ping-pong tournaments, demonstrations on fruit and vegetable carving - ice sculptures- martinis-and floral arrangement, shuffleboard tournaments, bingo, Princess Captain's Circle seminar, quiz time, basketball shootout, line dance and ballroom dance lessons, movies, future cruise sales talk, golf putting/nearest the pin competitions, pool games, bridge, arts and crafts, ceramics at sea (fee), trivia, photography seminars, and art auctions. These are some of what you might expect.

Pools and hot tubs are always open unless they are closed for maintenance or cleaning.

Oasis bar its self is covered but the tables and chairs are in open deck space. I wouldn't choose this location if it is raining. If they would allow you to use it Jammers might be a good quiet place if it is raining but you would have to bring in your own drinks, etc.

Cruise director and staff fun? The staff usually have more contact with the passengers than the cruise director. They are all young and really encourage a fun time. This will depend again on who they are and what you expect as far as "fun".

Hope this helps.

Thank you so much BJS. Yes, it really helped.

One more thing, lol, I know there is 2 Formal nights, the 2nd and 9th day out, but I know I read something about 2 nights that are Caribbean Night and Mexican Night, is this true? and if so what nights were then held on, on the 10 night Southern Itinerary. I am just planning out my wardrobe, lol

Thanks again

SueKDBBtransp.gif

I don't remember a Mexican Night on the Caribbean cruise. The Caribbean night is more of a deck party thing usually starting after 9 pm. Most people, including us, don't dress special for this. Sorry never took notice of what night it is. Maybe someone else remembers.

Archived