Radiance of the Seas--Just Back--Any ??s

shives

Welcome Home Laura :)

Thanks for offering to answer questions. I have a few:

1) Did you have any plumbing problems? If so, do you mind sharing cabin number?

2) Did you notice others with plumbing problems? Fans in the hallways, etc...

3) We are embarking along with a Carnival ship and I am wondering how hectic the terminal was upon embarkation? Debarkation?

4) Any favorite bartenders? Drinks?

5) Must see shows?

6) What were your favorite meals? I realize food is subjective :).

7) Did you use the thermal suite? If so, did you like it? Did you notice the price?

I'll stop there...... I could rattle all day :)

Just back from Radiance of the Seas--10 day Mexico. It was wonderful. If you have any questions, I will be happy to answer!

Laura

Welcome back, glad to hear you had a wonderful time. I am also concerned about plumbing problems as we are taking a back-to-back cruise in May.

Also, if you went to the M&M, did you happen to notice if Susie & Mike (Sandune) made it to the cruise --- had lots of weather problems during transit.

Thanks!

Welcome Home Laura :)

Thanks for offering to answer questions. I have a few:

1) Did you have any plumbing problems? If so, do you mind sharing cabin number? We did not have plumbing problems

2) Did you notice others with plumbing problems? Fans in the hallways, etc... Yes one cabin on the 8th deck, balcony room. Did not hear any talk of plumbing problems...just what a wonderful cruise it was.

3) We are embarking along with a Carnival ship and I am wondering how hectic the terminal was upon embarkation? Debarkation? We were the only ship at port both times and it could not have been any smoother. Boarded about 11:30 am.

4) Any favorite bartenders? Drinks? No help there

5) Must see shows? Liked the Piano Man show a lot, the Love and Marriage show. Left the Happy Days show as it was awful--dont remember the exact name, but you will know what I am talking about when you see it.

6) What were your favorite meals? I realize food is subjective :). Good food in the MDR--Lobster, pasta. Key lime pie. Enjoyed Seaview Cafe

7) Did you use the thermal suite? If so, did you like it? Did you notice the price? Did not use it, sorry!

I'll stop there...... I could rattle all day :)

Hope that helps! Had a great vacation. Hope you enjoy yours as much as we did ours.

The ship was beautiful. A little wear and tear on some of the furniture, but overall just lovely. The crew was so friendly and helpful too.

I agree, we were on the Radiance in 2001 and again last November, and she is beautiful! :)

Was wondering if in the main dining room are there tables for 2?? I thought I read somewhere that there are NOT tables for 2 on Radiance.. thanks in advance!

I do not recall that there were tables for 2. I did see tables for 4 that only had 2 people at them.

Was wondering if in the main dining room are there tables for 2?? I thought I read somewhere that there are NOT tables for 2 on Radiance.. thanks in advance!

We had MTD and a table for two every night by the windows (although it was dark and the drapes were closed), and there were quite a few. We made our reservation each night for the next evening and never had a wait, and enjoyed the same wonderful wait staff too.

Glad to hear you had a great time ! What kind of Cabin did you Book ? I just Booked 1 of the Two deck 10 Aft Junior Suites and was wondering how the ships motion was ? Thanks for the answers and have a great night.

I'll throw my answer out since we also had a JS on the aft of Deck 10 (last November)...perfect #1100. Just had the slightest amount of motion at night, slept like a baby. The walk wasn't a big deal at all and I'm not typically a 'long distance' walker. Excellent location, perfect choice, you will LOVE it! ;)

How was the Diamond breakfast?

My husband and I were on the 11 day, February 1st cruise and we are Diamond. We had breakfast every morning in the Portifino specialty dining restaurant for Diamond members. It is open the same hours for breakfast as the MDR is and we never had to wait for a table, going between 8 & 8:30.

Plumbing Problems on Radiance. Yes...

10th Deck - Port Side - from cabins 1068 to 1086, there were wet carpets and fans

in the hallways at least 2 mornings. Noticed occasional sewer odor (nothing very strong) in hallway and back to stern cabins (1100, 1102, 1104).

Plumbing Problems on Radiance. Yes...

10th Deck - Port Side - from cabins 1068 to 1086, there were wet carpets and fans

in the hallways at least 2 mornings. Noticed occasional sewer odor (nothing very strong) in hallway and back to stern cabins (1100, 1102, 1104).

HMMM??:confused:

Maybe sending the ship to Australia, because when this problem occurs in future, they know that our sewage dosn't smell... :rolleyes:

My husband and I were on the 11 day, February 1st cruise and we are Diamond. We had breakfast every morning in the Portifino specialty dining restaurant for Diamond members. It is open the same hours for breakfast as the MDR is and we never had to wait for a table, going between 8 & 8:30.

I'd like some info on the breakfast, is it a buffet, or do you order from the menu? Thanking you in advance.

Archived