Average price of airfare

findmewdw

We've been lurking on this site trying to read all this valuable information from the experts. We've been searching air fare for the last few months. We want to take the POA cruise, but can't find any airfare cheaper than 688 roundtrip from Indy. Is this a fair price? Will we find any lower? How much did your airfare cost? I've used kayak, flyertalk, other cheap airfare sites, but the cheapest I've found so far is through Delta.

I've tried one way tickets vs. roundtrip; I've tried flying multiple airlines, any other tricks of the trades? We normally use Southwest for our southern vacations, but can't for Hawaii. Opinions from the experts are appreciated!

Thanks!

It really depends on your origin airport and whether or not you want non-stop (if available). Check out this site:

http://history.farecompare.com/

It'll show you graphs of past airfare so you can see what the prices have been. That said, airfare tends to go up the closer you get to your travel date.

Sounds like a good fare to me, and I'm pretty close to Indy. I paid around 750 on American with one stop from St. Louis to Honolulu round trip. Could have saved 30-40 bucks by taking multiple stops, but didn't want to do that.

I'm searching for airfare also it's running $788 from DFW mid June. Two months ago it was around $678 and I was holding out for a better fare now the price has increased.

I use priceline a lot for hotels but now I'm seriously considering using it for this flight. I'm trying to decide land or cruise - I don't really care which one because it's my 1st trip to Hawaii and I'll be back. My dates and times are flexible so airfare might be the deciding factor.

I recommend booking at the $600ish mark because it will probably increase before it decreases.

Archived