Zihuatanejo/Spirit

MaiTaiMary

I was under the impression that Zihuatanejo had some very nice beaches and was a great stop on the Spirit cruise. I just talked to somebody who went on this cruise last year and couldn't believe I had been reading that there were nice beaches here! :( She said it was good for shopping and thats it. Said the beaches weren't nice at all. :confused:

I was really looking forward to Playa La Ropa and just hanging out on the beach here.

For those of you who have stopped in Zihuatanejo, what did you think of the beaches? Please tell me my friend was wrong and the beaches are nice!!! :D Or better yet.. post a picture of the beaches here so I can see for myself!:cool:

We went to Patti's restaurant on the beach in Jan.Loved it.Good food,nice prices,nice view,not to many vendors selling us crap.Beach was clean,but the waves weren't big.Very nice relaxing beach day.

Ditto... we loved the beach and Z. Not the Caribbean, but my favorite beach on the West side.

I was under the impression that Zihuatanejo had some very nice beaches and was a great stop on the Spirit cruise. I just talked to somebody who went on this cruise last year and couldn't believe I had been reading that there were nice beaches here! :( She said it was good for shopping and thats it. Said the beaches weren't nice at all. :confused:

I was really looking forward to Playa La Ropa and just hanging out on the beach here.

For those of you who have stopped in Zihuatanejo, what did you think of the beaches? Please tell me my friend was wrong and the beaches are nice!!! :D Or better yet.. post a picture of the beaches here so I can see for myself!:cool:

Proof that some people just can't be pleased. The beaches are beautiful and clean, the people are friendly. What else do you need?:confused:

Proof that some people just can't be pleased. The beaches are beautiful and clean, the people are friendly. What else do you need?:confused:

Yeah, thats what concerned me...

the person who told me this is not only a very "easy to please" and positive person, but she loves Mexico. :confused: Said Acapulco and Manzanillo were great, but the beaches in Z weren't good at all. :confused: "great place for shopping, but that's it". Really surprised me.

[ATTACH]147549[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]147550[/ATTACH]

We went to Patys mar y mar and I thought it was an amazing day..... my favorite on the trip...

Like someone said it's not the caribbean but it was beautiful

Patys in on Playa La Ropa, right? Is that were those pictures were taken?

Sure looks nice to me!! :D

thanks for the responses everybody. I appreciate it.

I thought Playa La Ropa was very nice. It is not the beautiful white sand and crystal blue waters of the Caribbean, but it didn't suck! :D We spent our time at La Perla and enjoyed a margarita (or two) and chips and salsa. Nice beach to walk on too. Then go get some tamales at Tamales Y Atoles Any's on the way back to the ship. Wonderful place to eat. http://www.world66.com/northamerica/mexico/ixtapazihuatanejo/eating_out/tamales_y_atoles_a

2385132000100082454S600x600Q85.jpg

2546526360100082454S600x600Q85.jpg

2055490670100082454S600x600Q85.jpg

I had good good and a nice beach on my stop there on the Spirit last year. The aren't caribbean type beaches. They have brown sand and the water isn't clear but it was a great time with great food and sun

Renee (walkswife) was part of our group, and yes, those pics she posted were taken at Paty's.

Isn't it funny how people can have such different opinions? Personally, I thought Acapulco was icky, but loved Zihuatenejo. Of course, I did not go to a beach in Aca...so maybe if we had done that I would have liked it better.

The beaches and ocean in the Mexican Riviera are different than the Caribbean, but they are still very beautiful. The sand is different...more grey in color and more compact. The ocean is not the aqua blue of the Caribbean, but a more deep blue....gorgeous!

The beach at Paty's was really nice. Very clean, and the water was warm and not too rough. Like Renee, that was my favorite day of our cruise.

Take a taxi to Ixtapa...it's the resort area near Zihuantenjo. I took a city tour that went through ZIhueantenjo and then took us to Ixtapa and stopped at a hotel and I had wished I would have gone straight to Ixtapa. Shouldn't cost much...

Yeah, thats what concerned me...

the person who told me this is not only a very "easy to please" and positive person, but she loves Mexico. :confused: Said Acapulco and Manzanillo were great, but the beaches in Z weren't good at all. :confused: "great place for shopping, but that's it". Really surprised me.

Patys in on Playa La Ropa, right? Is that were those pictures were taken?

Sure looks nice to me!! :D

thanks for the responses everybody. I appreciate it.

Yup that's the place..... you will love it

We took the water taxi ($5 round trip) across the bay to Las Gatos (hope I'm spelling that right).

I thought it was the nicest beach of the trip. The restaurants will let you park your stuff at their lounge chairs, as long as you buy your food and drink from them. And there are plenty of tourists who will take turns watching your stuff while you go for a walk. And lots of Carnival beach towels there too.

We went to Las Gatos beach! It is beautiful, and the water is warm! Walk down to Ottila's, See Frank, and enjoy some food. Washrooms clean too.

have a great time.:)

Archived