Quiet beach in Barbados

lv2cruz80

Can anyone suggest a good beach that has facilities such as bathrooms and maybe a place to get a drink (not terribly important) but does NOT have all the water toys and activites like the Boatyard? We were at the Boatyard several years ago and it was not for us. I would like to find a "postcard picture" place to relax and be able to swim in the water. I was thinking of Crane's beach but the 45 minutes drive there kind of steers me away from there.

I think Miami Beach, also known as Enterprise Beach, might be just what you are looking for. It is on the South Coast close to the Little Arches Hotel.

There are two sides to the beach separated by a large groin. The smaller side is very calm and shallow...ideal for little guys. The larger side has light-medium wave action, ideal for swimming and beginner body surfing.

There is lots of shade on both sides. There are boogie boards and beach chairs for rent (50% of the price on the west coast!). There are clean toilets and changing facilities at the entrance to the beach, as well as outdoor showers.

There is a broken- down looking canteen which, despite its appearance, serves good local food and inexpensive drinks. It accepts US$ in small denominations (change will be in BDOS$). Or you can go to the posher restaurant at Little Arches just across the street.

When I was there, there were no strolling beach vendors - just a woman selling pretty pareos and beach clothes from a permanent stall. And there were also NO jetskis or other motorized watersports (marvellous!).

Whoops - you were asking for distance fares from the port, not the airport...so sorry ! You will probably be charged between 20-40 BBD each way. The variation depends on how well you haggle with the taxi driver at the port. And it is about 30-40 minutes from the terminal - longer in rush hour.

You should definitely arrange for the same taxi that takes you to the beach to take you back to the port as well (pay for the whole trip at the end). I didn't see a taxi stand nearby (but I wasn't looking for one either). If desperate, go across the way to the Little Arches and they could order one up.

The exchange rate used by the cantina was 2 Bajan for 1 US. The official rate is close - 2.038 so that was fine.

Archived