Port time and ship time question

kr8z

We will be arriving in Puerto Vallarta at 9am (ship time I presume) on March 17th. Now the time changes here the previous Sunday, but does not change in Mexico until a couple weeks later. Will Splendor be on PV time when we get there? We are booking an excursion and I am fairly certain we will be on the same time right then, but not 100% positive.

If I recall from reading some recent Capers that were posted here, PV was 1 hour ahead ship time. If we spring forward 1 hour, then we will be on the same time when I hit port, right? I think I am confusing myself even more by over thinking this. i was born and raised in Indiana. Until recently no one ever changed their clocks there. It was a rude awakening and compete pain in the butt when I moved from there and had to start changing the time on everything.

So any input would very much be appreciated.

Always stay on ship time. Unless the ship/capers tells you different. On the 15 cruises we have done it has been ship time.

Enjoy!

Kat

I know we stay on ship time. My question is what time will it be in PV when we dock?

We will be arriving in Puerto Vallarta at 9am (ship time I presume) on March 17th. Now the time changes here the previous Sunday, but does not change in Mexico until a couple weeks later. Will Splendor be on PV time when we get there? We are booking an excursion and I am fairly certain we will be on the same time right then, but not 100% positive.

If I recall from reading some recent Capers that were posted here, PV was 1 hour ahead ship time. If we spring forward 1 hour, then we will be on the same time when I hit port, right? I think I am confusing myself even more by over thinking this. i was born and raised in Indiana. Until recently no one ever changed their clocks there. It was a rude awakening and compete pain in the butt when I moved from there and had to start changing the time on everything.

So any input would very much be appreciated.

Ship time is an hour behind PV time after springing ahead. Current time in LA is 5:45 and current time in PV is 7:45. Once you spring ahead one hour for DST LA (ship time) will only be one hour ahead of PV time b/c PV doesn't observe DST. I hope this is clear.

http://www.worldtimezone.com/time/wtzresult.php?CiID=4491&forma=12h

From what I understand though, ship time isn't Pacific time. This is why I am so confused. I just want to make sure I understand it correctly. Currently, PV is one hour ahead of ship time per all the recent Capers. So when we change time (and they do not) we will actually be on the same time for a couple of weeks until Mexico springs forward as well.

I do appreciate the responses. Maybe someone who just got off Splendor can chime in and verify that PV is 1 hour ahead ship time right now.

Archived