headliners

silver service

Umm rubbed shoulders with Sir 'enry Cooper on the last cruise on Oceana and Bobby Davro, both on the same 7n cruise. Henry Cooper did a entertaining after dinner talk on his life asa world Heavyweight boxer and fighting Ali which a lot of the men enjoyed,a real national treasure.

Personally, I think the Warners adult hotels have bigger names than the cruise ships entertainment....

We had The Drifters featuring Ray Lewis (one of the originals) on Ventura over Christmas. They played to packed houses in the Arena and were posing for photos at the New Year's Eve deck party later in the cruise.

We also had Derek Redmond (the Olympic gold medal relay winner) giving a series of interesting talks on Arcadia.

Carol x

I watched Lewis Hamilton win the world championship in the company of Murray Walker in the cybercafe on Ventura, he gave us a few little "murrayisms". A bit of sporting history watched in his presence is my claim to fame!:D

We also met Cheryl Baker of Bucks Fizz a few times during the cruise, she may be a bit of a mid alphabet list celeb to some, but to me, who's childhood heroes were Bucks Fizz, she was definitely an A lister for me!! :D:D

When we first started cruising about 15 years ago P&O always had some bigger names on for the cabaret. As the years have gone by this has lessened. The introduction of the "after dinner speakers" has produced a few more well known celebs. The ones we've seen have always been interesting, although, at the risk of sounding sexist, more geared towards masculine interests!

We have had Tracy Edwards (yachts woman) and Floella Benjamin as after dinner speakers as well as Nicky Slater (ice skater and judge on Dancing on Ice) and Lawrie McMenamie (?sp). All were excellent.

Also met Murray Walker on the Ventura pre-maiden weekender. He was there to commentate on a race on the scalextric between the captain and one of the other senior officers.

Tom O'Connor was headline act on another weekender I did in 2008.

Feebee_71

Archived