Loss of deposits

Here in the UK if one cancels a booking,outside of the penalty period,one loses the whole of the deposit.

What is Radisson's policy outside of the UK?

This question has been triggered by a thread on the Cunard forum where the responses indicate that in the USA one loses a portion of the deposit if one cancels outside of the penalty period.

The rules are different on the World Cruise but this is the standard policy in the US. Hope that helps.

CANCELLATION POLICIES

Cancellation fees will not be waived by the cruise line. If you select a different cruise date and you are in the cancellation fee period the cancellation fees will still apply. You cannot simply change your cruise date.

IF YOU WISH TO CANCEL WITH NO PENALTY PLEASE ENSURE YOU CANCEL IN TIME.

CRUISE FARE

Cancellation Fee per person

120-91 days, $200 per person

90-60 days, 10% of fare

59-30 days, 25% of fare

29-15 days, 50% of fare

14-0 days, 100% of fare.

AIR AND LAND ARRANGEMENTS

Can be cancelled up to 61 days in advance

of departure date for no penalty

60 days before departure air and land are

subject to a 100% cancellation fee.

Have you read the U.K. brochure? What does it say? If it does not differ from the U.S. brochure (which was correctly posted above) then perhaps your agency has its own rules? If not, you should consider using a U.S. travel agent to protect yourself (not to mention the favorable Pound/Dollar exchange rate right now!)

The loss of deposit is contained in the Radisson UK brochure's booking conditions.

I had assumed that it would be standard until I read the thread in the Cunard forum.

It raises the question as to why one should be disadvantaged financially by Radisson because of one's country of domicile.

I have to say that under those conditions I would never feel comfortable booking a cruise since I usually book months and months in advance and a lot of things can happen in those months. Is cruising very popular in the UK? It seems a very risky proposition with those rules.

For your next cruise could you book with an agent in the US? I hope you don't have to cancel your cruise.

In the UK cruising is something of a growth sector.

The loss of deposit appears to be a standard clause in booking conditions over here.

Deposits can vary upto 25%-Radisson UK is 15%(20% for the world cruise).

An honourable exception is Celebrity with only £100.

A potential problem for us in booking direct with an agent,or Company,in the USA is one of consequential loss.

It was the accepted understanding that a credit card contract made the card Company jointly liable in the event of the non supply,or faulty nature,of goods or services paid for with a credit card.

However,a recent court ruling,which is being challenged,has stated that this protection does not apply to transactions outside of the UK.

Archived