Summit cabin 8121... need help!

dres40

Hi,

I was hoping someone on the boards could help me out.

My MIL has very generously offered to take the family on a cruise and I’m in charge of booking the staterooms.

She would like a sky suite, but needs a stall shower because of mobility issues (she uses a walker). I booked her into the last available accessible Sky suite, 8121.

I’m concerned about the view… I talked to a customer service agent at X and she said it was 25% obstructed. I looked at the brochure and it does not indicate the room is obstructed.

She could not tell me what the obstruction was…. maybe some kind of bar? I have also read about moving window washing equipment causing obstructions near this location. Could this end up parked in front of her balcony? She would be really upset if that happened. :eek:

Because of my MIL mobility issues she will spend a lot of time in her suite on the balcony.

Has anyone stayed in this room on the Summit or one of the other Millennium class ships?

Was there an obstruction and, if yes, did it really ruin the view?

Is privacy an issue with it being located right next to the glass elevators? Can people from the elevators see into the room or balcony? Is there a lot of noise from the elevators?

I would really appreciate any help …. I’m stressing about this since I’m in charge of booking the staterooms, but my MIL is paying for everything.

Thanks!

Well it looks like I don't need an answer.

After talking to the 5th customer service person at X, I was able to switch to an accessible Sky Suite with no obstruction.

Funny, since on my other calls I was told the others were all booked.

The last person I talked with had to call another dept. and get the cabin I wanted "released".

My MIL should be happy now.:)

Archived