Falklands

JustinCornell

Oh dear it seems I may have started another conflict. Not my intention, merely commenting on the possiblity of "our favourite lady" being conscripted.

However I would like to say just one thing, there were NO USA troops in Iraq at the time that "Storming Norman" asked the SAS tp take out the Scuds, to keep the war from spreading. The lawyers in Washington would not let USA troops go from Kuwait into Iraq

I did say that the USA troops could have done the job -IF -the Lawyers had let them.

This was just a case of giving credit where it was due. Sometimes I do get tired of being asked "Why did the Brits fight over the Falklands" just as I get tired of those who have never travelled on Cunard telling me -

"I will never go on Cunard , it is so full of British snobs who dress up, "regular people "are not allowed to go to the shows, they are not allowed in the dining room, they have to eat in the self service place"!!!!!

Ask "how do you know this", and you get the answer, "I have a friend whose cousin took a cruise on Queen Mary 2 "

We , who do cruise Cunard know how untrue that preception is.

This is merely a case of some silly b***h try to sabre rattle to gain political ground.

Remember that when they invaded, we only had a dozen or so Royal Marines stationed there.

In my day that would have been quite sufficient.

Lt. Col. (Rtd.) Gari, late of the 31st regular Foot and Mouth.

Archived