Embassy Suites by Miami Airport

nellie2407

I know it's early...we are staying there pre-cruise in October. I was wondering if anyone had stayed there and had any opinions. Do they have a shuttle that picks up at the airport and also takes you to the pier? Does it cost extra?

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Molly

Hi! We are staying there pre-cruise in November and I'd also like to hear some "recent" reviews.

Yes, they do have airport shuttle. No, shuttle to Port. But I have learned from another CC'r that cab fare is a flat $18 to the port.

They also have a free managers reception in the evening(wine beer and snacks) and free full hot breakfast.

I booked on Hotwire $61

~Lurker

Interesting....I think I'm getting taken! LOL, well not yet...I still have time to get out of it. Supposedly we are going through a big group and getting all the information from an out of town TA. I was quoted 150 a night. I think that's a little steep to just get off a plane and sleep. We were also told that they had a shuttle to the pier. I'm glad I checked. I guess I should just give them a call...and see what's going on. (I feel wierd worrying about it since it's so far away though)

Anyway....any input would be great!

Thanks,

M

We just got Embassy Suites on priceline for *3 star hotel ...wanted downtown area..but added in Airport Zone and got this one..We got it for a $51.00 bid on Priceline. We have heard some good and some bad reviews on it. There is a hotel shuttle that will provide you with transportation to the port. I believe you arrange this with the front desk at the hotel. They charge $7 per person if you don't take their stay and cruise package. So I would definitely cancel with the agent and book on hotwire or priceline if you want Embassy suites....even if you factor in the cab fare or the hotel shuttle service it is is far less than what your agent has quoted you. Good luck! Oh yes..free shuttle from airport to hotel.

Wow! I did not know you could pay for the shuttle to the port. Hmmmm....$7 per person not bad. (there are 5 of us - 2 adults 3 kids)

Does anyone know if a hotel shuttle can get "closer" to the port than a cab? Or does everyone drive up to the same location?

$35+tip for a shuttle vs. $36+tip for a cab..........hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I cant believe I am worried about this 10 months away!!!:eek: :rolleyes:

~lurker

• 2 weeks later...

Archived