Anyone cruise on the Fascination lately?

braster

I just got off the Fascination this morning. The newest additions to the ship are nice but I also sailed on her 6 months ago and didn't really notice too big of a difference. Obviously the water works is a big change and the serenity deck is nice too. They changed the carpets and the boat smelled quite a bit fresher than it did 6 months ago. There was no sewer smell at all that we noticed. Also, there are brand new coffee and hot chocolate machines in the coconut grill which were really nice.

The quality of the food and the room cleanliness was definitely not as good as it was last time. They never changed our sheets (only made the beds) and the food definitely has dropped in quality. It seems that they have also made some cuts due to the status of the economy.

Overall, we still had fun and I don't want to sound like I'm complaining, but for people who are interested in the changes, you really have to get nit-picky to notice the differences. The hot tubs on the serenity deck and the new carpet were my favorite changes.

I'm more than happy to answer any questions. I know this board has been lacking on info for the fascination after the refurb...

The quality of the food and the room cleanliness was definitely not as good as it was last time. They never changed our sheets (only made the beds) and the food definitely has dropped in quality.

In my experience on many Carnival cruises, they only change the sheets when the cabin occupants change from sailing to sailing (unless there were spills or stains). But with regard to the Fascination, it's been 3 years since we sailed her, and it was one of our best, most memorable trips with Carnival. My only regret from that trip was that it was a 5-day instead of an 8-day. I had to be dragged kicking and screaming from the ship as I did not want to disembark because I'd had so much fun!

Archived